Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat room?

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Chat room?

Hello!
    I'm still very new to this forum, so I apoligized if this something that have already been discussed or exist. Now, onward to the real topic!

I love snakes. I love lizards. I love frogs. I love salamanders.
    I love caring for them. I love feeding, cleaning, misting, changing the water.
    I love research about a new animal. I love researching about the terrarium they need.
    I love setting up the tank, I love maintaning a good terrarium.

Basicly, I love every single aspect about this hobby. This means I can not simple get enough of it! And I can not TALK enough about it! However, this is kind of hard. I do not know alot of people at all that share my intressest, and it's not that usual to keep frogs up here (especially not as many species as there are on this forum). This forum is great, but a forum is still just a forum. I want to talk about it, in real time! Just casual chatting about what's up at terrarium in your houses, if the frogs are calling, how you feed your animals and with what, how did you get your frogs/reptiles. Anything!

So, if there are any other people like me out there, how about setting up a IRC-channel? Or Skype-conference or whatever. I did notice that there is a chat-function embedded in the forum, but it's not used at all. So, I'm kind of hoping that that's just because it's kind of impracticle, and people are just waiting for a better medium to chat with!

So, what do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

clownonfire

Default Re: Chat room?

Quote Originally Posted by ViperJr View Post
    Hello!

So, if there are any other people like me out there, how about setting up a IRC-channel? Or Skype-conference or whatever. I did notice that there is a chat-function embedded in the forum, but it's not used at all. So, I'm kind of hoping that that's just because it's kind of impracticle, and people are just waiting for a better medium to chat with!

So, what do you think?
    I'm sorry Viper Jr.. You are alone.

Actually, the chat function on this site works perfectly well. Unfortunately, it's not used very much. There used to be much more activity on it, but much less recently...

bshmerlie

Actually we had one member that would schedule chats quite often. Why don't you think about it and let's set up a time and date where we can meet up in the chat room. Maybe you can do a poll and find out what would be the most convenient day and time. Count me in.

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post
    Actually we had one member that would schedule chats quite often. Why don't you think about it and let's set up a time and date where we can meet up in the chat room. Maybe you can do a poll and find out what would be the most convenient day and time. Count me in.
    I'll do my best. But can't commit.

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Aaaw, don't talk to me like that Eric, I don't want to be alone!

Cheri, I could do that! Just have to work something out, sinces the time difference is quite... Well, 9 hours speaks for itself
    I'll get started tomorrow, perhaps just post a schedule and see if people show up. Otherwise, some polling might be a good idea like you said.

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Sorry it took me a long time to make something up, but I've been quite busy.

So, how about we have a first "chat-meeting" at 07.00 pm EDT* (which I think is a good time for most americans/canadians) on sunday in exactly a week? Just too see if anyone shows up and just talk about whatever we want, frogrelated or not!

So, sunday the 12th of juni, 07.00 PM EDT, here in the sites chat!
    Spread the word!

EDT = GMT -4 (now in summertime)

clownonfire

Martin, I'll be here!
    Perhaps a little reminder next Monday will help too...
    Eric

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

I will be in the chat from now on, a couple of hours forward. So if anyone want's to chat, just pop in!

And remember:
    Sunday the 12th of June, 07.00 PM EDT, here in the site's chat!

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Reminder:
    Tune in Sunday the 12th of June, 07.00 PM EDT, here in the site's chat!

Topic: "Anything and everything"

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Reminder:

Le bump. Don't miss it!

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Me, myself and Mr. Eric will be in chat for a while. Everyone, join us!

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

Reminder:

Last reminder!

And if you don't have anything better to do, stop by right now. I'll be there for a while anyway.

clownonfire

I'll be there. Hope to see lots of you.
    Eric

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    I'll be there. Hope to see lots of you.
    Eric
    Hi all. Less than an hour for some chat time!

lnaminneci

Sorry that I missed this one. I ended up getting free tickets to the Monterey Bay Aquarium for today.

I just got home and was very concerned about our Frog Forum moderator Ebony. Christchurch, NZ had another large earthquake today. I just spoke with her and she and her family are safe. Just a few cuts and bruises. Sending out love and prayers to those in Christchurch, NZ.

~Lesley

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

A good night sleep later, it's time to recap!

Yesterday was a great success! At least I had a good time, chit-chatting about homemade waterfalls, nasty spiders, lovely snakes, our shared hatred against Rebecca Black's Friday, how Sweden is the best hockey nation there is, and alot of other interesting topics!

The chat lasted about 1 h, then people really started to leave, included myself (hey, it was almost 03:00AM... I think I deserved it).
    There will most certainly be more of these sorts of meetings, sometimes with a specific topic, sometimes without one. I'd like to have this become a regulaur thing, but for now I will schedule week to week. I'm looking into if there could be a sticky-topic as well, with only the time and topic of the meetings.

However, there were some tecninal problems for some of us with the chat. Apperently, it sometimes decides that it's no fun anymore, and it chrashes. When this happens, close the chat and reload it. It will take a few minutes to load, but just be patience. After a while, it will ask you to close the application because "it will slow down your computer". Just press "No, I don't want to close it" and then just wait a few few minutes. I will eventually load back and everything will run as smooth as normal again.

Lastly, a BIG shoutout and thanks to everyone who contributed to this awesome event!

Rat The Unloved

FaeTehHawtness

Bshmerlie

Mushrooms

Clownonfire

pez

artes

DonLisk

MikeM670

(And remember, if you have the time and just sitting at your computer, just open the chat in a seperate window! I will have it on all the time when I'm home (and not doing anything superspecific). Give the chat some love people )

clownonfire

Canada is the real hockey super power... You're skating on thin ice, my friend...

Fae

A good night sleep later, it's time to recap!

Yesterday was a great success! At least I had a good time, chit-chatting about homemade waterfalls, nasty spiders, lovely snakes, our shared hatred against Rebecca Black's Friday, how Sweden is the best hockey nation there is, and alot of other interesting topics!

The chat lasted about 1 h, then people really started to leave, included myself (hey, it was almost 03:00AM... I think I deserved it).
    There will most certainly be more of these sorts of meetings, sometimes with a specific topic, sometimes without one. I'd like to have this become a regulaur thing, but for now I will schedule week to week. I'm looking into if there could be a sticky-topic as well, with only the time and topic of the meetings.

However, there were some tecninal problems for some of us with the chat. Apperently, it sometimes decides that it's no fun anymore, and it chrashes. When this happens, close the chat and reload it. It will take a few minutes to load, but just be patience. After a while, it will ask you to close the application because "it will slow down your computer". Just press "No, I don't want to close it" and then just wait a few few minutes. I will eventually load back and everything will run as smooth as normal again.

Lastly, a BIG shoutout and thanks to everyone who contributed to this awesome event!

Rat The Unloved

FaeTehHawtness

Bshmerlie

Mushrooms

Clownonfire

pez

artes

DonLisk

MikeM670

(And remember, if you have the time and just sitting at your computer, just open the chat in a seperate window! I will have it on all the time when I'm home (and not doing anything superspecific). Give the chat some love people )
    Sorry I had to leave last night, my power went out, it was thunderstorming here in Louisiana. Good meeting all of you! (Even though I didn't say much)

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    Canada is the real hockey super power... You're skating on thin ice, my friend...
    Boston Bruins FTW!!!! GO BOSTON!!!

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Boston Bruins FTW!!!! GO BOSTON!!!
    Game 7 baby. Go Canucks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information