Thread: I need help to identify my new frog...?

mkaden

Default I need help to identify my new frog...?

I just got this African Bull Frog. The guy at the pest store was very positive that this is a giant. But I believe it is a dwarf. Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RibbitSrUs

Default Re: I need help to identify my new frog...?

I by no means am a pyxie expert but that looks like a dwarf to me. All the giants i have seen usually have the three green stripes

Malachi

Sorry, a dwarf

mkaden

Thanks. I was fairly certain he was. I just wanted to get another opinion before I go back there with some not so kind things to say...

pyxieBob

Yep 100% dwarf. Ask them where they got it. If they tell you something vague like "oh my buddy breeds them and these are giants" you know hes lying his *** off. MY guess is they got it from Posiden Aquatics which is stupid because they deal w mostly fish. Could have got it from Cal. Zoo also. Either way once again its a pet store that has no clue what they are talking abt 9but acting like they know everything) and they are just a middle man yet again. At least when i ordered a giant pyxie from a local pet store they called me and said it came in and they need me to identify if its true giant or dwarf, he was a dwarf and they gave me my money back wout question. Let us know what the pet store says

mkaden

Yeah, he made himself seem like he knows EVERYTHING there is to know about everything. I was certain he was dwarf but the person I was with was convinced by the sales man. I asked him numerous times and told him that I didn't believe him. I also said that if I found out it was a dwarf he was going to be hearing from me and I wouldn't be happy. So I am sure he just sitting around waiting for me to show up...I will let you know what the outcome is.

mkaden

I called the pet shop. I wasn't able to go in being it is a 2 hour drive. But the guy seemed just as upset about the frog being being a dwarf as I am. He called the supplier about it and I guess they decided to confess that they were not sure what they really were. He felt really bad about it and offered to give me 3 free baby GIANTS when he gets them. I also just want to add that is is not your normal pet shop. They are probably one of the best if not the best reptile, amphibian ect. shop in the Colorado area and I in no way want to bash them or give them a bad rep in any way

pyxieBob

unlike Rassmussen reptiles in Spokane. I wont buy anything from them ever. Check out my post "dwarf being sold as a giant." he refuses to admit its a dwarf, and claims his buddy breeds them. when it is horribly obvious its a dwarf not to mention hes trying to sell it for 120$ to some poor soul. Rassmussen Reptiles customer service gets 2 HUGE thumbs DOWN also if the owners arent working they have kids behind the counter texting,
    Quote Originally Posted by mkaden View Post
    I called the pet shop. I wasn't able to go in being it is a 2 hour drive. But the guy seemed just as upset about the frog being being a dwarf as I am. He called the supplier about it and I guess they decided to confess that they were not sure what they really were. He felt really bad about it and offered to give me 3 free baby GIANTS when he gets them. I also just want to add that is is not your normal pet shop. They are probably one of the best if not the best reptile, amphibian ect. shop in the Colorado area and I in no way want to bash them or give them a bad rep in any way

Thread Information