Thread: Fogger

Easternwolf

Wink Fogger

I have purchased a fogger for my white's tree frog vivarium and like to know what kind of container, how much water to cover and what do you cover the fogger with so the frog doesn't get near it?

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Fogger

Which fogger did you buy?
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Easternwolf

The exo terra Ultrasonic fog generator

Nationality
    [Sweden]
    Blog Entries

First of all, I have never used that kind of fogger, so I have no personal experience. However, I've heard that they have a membrane that needs to be replaced quite often. More importantly, they are apperently dangerous to the frogs. I've read about people where the fogger did short circurt and fried the frogs in the water. But like I said, I've never used one myself, so I can't really say anything for sure.

I don't know how your setup is, but I use zoomeds repti fogger and I think it's great. The actuall electronics stay outside the tank and the mist is transportet in with a tube.

6. This member thanks ViperJr for this post:

bshmerlie

I have used both types of foggers and I would definately agree they are not really safe or practical inside a frog tank. If you can return it I would do so and get the repti fogger. The ultrasonic fogger has to have a very specific amount of water over it to work properly. If there is too much water it doesn't make fog and if its too little it shuts off. The problem is the water evaporates too quickly so you are constantly having to add water. Also the bar gets hot and needs to be kept away from the frog. The fogger will only last about a month even if you have it set up on a timer to come on and off. Then you have to buy a repair kit...which they sell. It is a pain in the butt ....go with the repti fogger if its not too late.

Easternwolf

Talking Re: Fogger

Thanks so much for your information. I wouldn't have known that about the exo terra fogger. I'm going to buy a repti fogger. I don't know where I put the new exo terra fogger, but if I have trouble returning it, I'll just have to sell it to someone.

I talked to a newer empolyee at petsmart and he said just make sure it was covered with water and in a dish high enough to cover the fogger. Maybe I can take it back because of not getting good advice.

I don't know if the pet stores here carry that kind of fogger, but I will check and see and if they don't I will see if they can order one for me.

Thanks alot for the info, that makes me feel much better by getting a safer product for my tree frog.

Cheers,

froggystyle

I learned the hard way and bought a reptile fogger after I went through 3 misters. The frogs love the mist so much too its totally worth it

froggystyle

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Ok you guys are confusing me! Which is better for a WTF, a automatic mister or foggers (Ones outside the cage)?

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Easternwolf View Post
    Thanks so much for your information. I wouldn't have known that about the exo terra fogger. I'm going to buy a repti fogger. I don't know where I put the new exo terra fogger, but if I have trouble returning it, I'll just have to sell it to someone.

I talked to a newer empolyee at petsmart and he said just make sure it was covered with water and in a dish high enough to cover the fogger. Maybe I can take it back because of not getting good advice.

I don't know if the pet stores here carry that kind of fogger, but I will check and see and if they don't I will see if they can order one for me.

Thanks alot for the info, that makes me feel much better by getting a safer product for my tree frog.

Cheers,
    I actually picked my Repti Fogger up at Petsmart so you might check about an exchange!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueisallIneed View Post
    Ok you guys are confusing me! Which is better for a WTF, a automatic mister or foggers (Ones outside the cage)?
    I have the Repti Fogger on the enclosure with my Whites. They do not seem to mind it at all. I tried the mister but I found one of my Whites was not fond of it and would hide every time it would kicked on, I guess not a fan of getting wet unless by his own choice! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by helm96 View Post
    I have the Repti Fogger on the enclosure with my Whites. They do not seem to mind it at all. I tried the mister but I found one of my Whites was not fond of it and would hide every time it would kicked on, I guess not a fan of getting wet unless by his own choice! :-)
    Thank you haha, I might look into getting one instead

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Thread Information