Thread: I am new at this but I need some advice!!!

jaiceekay

Default I am new at this but I need some advice!!!

I found this grey tree frog at work a few days before the first freeze.
    I felt bad cause he was about to die so I took him home. I bought a litttle tank and got everything I needed for him. He seemed good and I fell in love so about 2 months later I got him a friend from the pet store, a little green tree frog and for the last 4 months things were good. Well I decided to build a bigger home for them and it had a pond with running water and it was good but just the last 4-5 days I noticed the grey one is lookin and acting not so healthy. He looks bloated and is not really being himself he just ate the other day and even then he seemed weird but I made sure he ate. So far I think he might have dropsy. But still im not sure, that is the only disease that kind of matches. I would love to here some suggestions or anything that could help!! This is my first time haveing frogs for pets and im very woried for him.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I am new at this but I need some advice!!!

Posting a pic of he/she and the enclosure might help is diagnosing the problem or ailment.

If your frog soaks for sometime he will look more bloated than usual. Have you found droppings and what is the enclosures temps and humidity levels?

Definitely get some pics up.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

jaiceekay

I tried ro get a picture but then he moved so thats good I guess. He might be cold cause the weather in wisconsin is up and down and im in the prosses of moveing so It was really hot last week and I thought it was going to stay that way but its wisconsin I did put them back in the small tank and put warm water in the dish he soaked for a long time then sat on his tree. Hes just not moving a lot. I think ur right about the water makeing him look bloated. I guess i just freaked out, like I said I fell in love with him. So im going to the new place to get the heating pad I had for the winter and hopefully in a few hours he will start moveing more. If not I will have to wait til monday to call the vet and keep trying diffrent Ideas so feel free to trow them out there. Thankyou for your help.

Oh he is or I think he is a eastren grey tree frog he looks just like the pictures i foun on the web. not a Grey tree frog the eastren grey tree frog. I will do my best to get pics.. I have old ones when he looked good I just cant seem to get one now! ok here are old pics but if you u notice him being wierd on the tank. ???? the first pic he looks fine and if u look close in the plant or maybe above it the green frog is in that too. Like I said im grabing the heating pad now and will check in a couple of hours to see if there is any change.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

jaiceekay

I tried ro get a picture but then he moved so thats good I guess. He might be cold cause the weather in wisconsin is up and down and im in the prosses of moveing so It was really hot last week and I thought it was going to stay that way but its wisconsin I did put them back in the small tank and put warm water in the dish he soaked for a long time then sat on his tree. Hes just not moving a lot. I think ur right about the water makeing him look bloated. I guess i just freaked out, like I said I fell in love with him. So im going to the new place to get the heating pad I had for the winter and hopefully in a few hours he will start moveing more. If not I will have to wait til monday to call the vet and keep trying diffrent Ideas so feel free to trow them out there. Thankyou for your help.

Oh he is or I think he is a eastren grey tree frog he looks just like the pictures i foun on the web. not a Grey tree frog the eastren grey tree frog. I will do my best to get pics.. I have old ones when he looked good I just cant seem to get one now!
    Attached Thumbnails

jaiceekay

Im just figureing this thing out sorry lol I think I posted twice

jaiceekay

I did see droping where he was hanging out

jaiceekay

Default Re:

Well he didnt make it. I dont know what was wrong.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re:

JaiceeKay. So sorry for your loss. Its really tough when we don't know why.
    You did your best so don't get discouraged.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

Leefrogs

Sounds like it was from mixing species. Exposure to other frogs toxins can cause slow poisoning.

Thread Information