Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sick red-eyed tree frog?

kiwibaby

Default Re: Sick red-eyed tree frog?

I've been meaning to join this forum for quite a while now as it seems like a great and helpful community.

I have to say it is a real bummer finding out this issue was never solved because my frog (Kiwi if you couldn't tell by the user name) is having the same exact issue as the original poster's frog and I can say for certain a methamphetamine lab is not a factor in this case as it may have been for the OP.

So I guess at this point my next step should be taking her to a vet? Or might anyone have any ideas? I can give a pretty detailed habitat/history description and can post pictures of the issue as well if necessary.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Pictures and relevant info would be very helpful. Neon green spots like what were shown in the original pictures are sometimes attributed to a bacterial infection, though I have never been told the name of the bacterium involved. I have had them show up on two occasions and had excellent results from moving the affected frog to a dry quarantine and treating with a 14 day round of Baytril. I used a large kritter keeper with paper towel substrate, a live plant, and a water dish for soaking. The dish was the only water source, I did not mist during the treatment.

Here is a photo of an A. annae male on the first night of treatment:

Fully recovered at the end of the 14 day treatment:
    Last edited by Tony; November 29th, 2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: added photo

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by kiwibaby View Post

So I guess at this point my next step should be taking her to a vet? Or might anyone have any ideas? I can give a pretty detailed habitat/history description and can post pictures of the issue as well if necessary.
    Why don't you start a new post of your own with some pics and more details of your problem and you will get more responses. Welcome to the forum.

kiwibaby

Tony that looks like exactly what is happening with my frog. I will start a new thread as requested. I hope to get more info about this treatment from you there as it looks like you definitely had good results.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information