Thread: White Tree frog is sick

LIZZIE82

Default White Tree frog is sick

My White's Tree frog is sick. I have had her about 1.5 weeks. She's pretty little, about the the size of a nickel. Yesterday, I noticed that she looked a little "down." I was worried but just left her alone. I fed, but she wasn't interested. I came home this afternoon and saw her covered in eco earth and her head down. I got a kritter keeper together and put her in there. She really didn't move, then I saw her legs completely out and slightly twitching. She's going to the vet first thing tomorrow morning. Someone said that it was "bloat." I haven't heard of this. Her abdomen is pretty large but it always kind of was. Maybe there is an impactation. What do you think?

I'm attaching a pic of when she was on her belly with legs up. She did pick herself up after this in a normal sitting position. Sigh. I'm trying so hard to keep my frogs healthy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: White Tree frog is sick

Hi there LIZZIE82 and welcome to the forum . Can you please add your location to your profile as it helps us to help you.

Im very sorry your frog is sick. Its highly likely he/she was already sick when you acquired it. I maybe wrong but it sounds like your frog had a type of seizure which can happen when stressed. Good luck at the vet.

LIZZIE82

Thank You. From more reviews I think she is impacted. We will have to see what the vet says. Oh, I'm in Nebraska.

LIZZIE82

Thanks for the concern. She did pass away. As far as I can tell, she was never stressed. She was always so happy. When I would come to the tank to look in, if she was up, she would come to the glass and jump on. I think she was looking for crickets She never made it to the vet (she passed in the middle of the night) so I'm not sure what happened and I'm still pretty sure she was impacted. Poor Phoebe. She was happy for most of her time with me and was really only obviously sick for a short time. I just hope she wasn't in pain or suffering without my knowing.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Im so sorry for your loss Lizzie . Unfortunately these things do happen and we dont always no why. I hope this does not deter you from keeping frogs.

Thread Information