Thread: Adult or babies?

Frogking

Default Adult or babies?

Hey guys I hope to order some red eye tree frogs on monday. I wanted to know anyones thoughts on weather its best to get adults or babies. Im looking to get 3 tree frogs and I was leaning towards getting babies. I would like to have two females and one male. The only reasons I was thinking to get adults is so the sex can be proven. Can you tell the sex with babies?

some pictures of my all live planted viv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: Adult or babies?

I would get Babies as this ensures you're not getting wild caught. But then you need to set up a small viv, as they will not be able to find their food. As far as getting a proven pair, your viv doesn't look like a breeding facility. You need larger leaves and large water area. You're going to pay allot more for a pair.

bshmerlie

Yeah its best to get captive bred frogs but usually that means you're going to be getting babies. It would also be best to keep babies in a smaller and simpler tank just so that you can monitor that they are getting enough food. With a tank so densely planted the babies could be rather close to a cricket and it could be blocked from their view. Start off training them to use a cricket bowl. The tank looks perfect for adults.

Frogking

ok thanks I use a feeding cup for my chameleons would this work for tree frogs. I think they are captive breed as im ordering from lllreptile. I do not want to breed tree frogs what I meant by proven is can they be sexed. I know sometimes when you order babies you can not tell if they are male or female. I wanted to avoid having two males or can tree frog males live together?

Thread Information