Thread: Condensation

itzjezze

Default Condensation

My dart frog terrarium stays between 73-80 degrees throughout the day and night and the humidity is always 80%+. I am having trouble keeping the condensation off of the glass, I installed a small computer fan into the top lid that helps keep the condensation down however if I keep it on for to long it will lower the humidity down to about 70% and I was told to keep it above 80% for darts. Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the condensation down so that I can see through the glass?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Condensation

Quote Originally Posted by itzjezze View Post
    My dart frog terrarium stays between 73-80 degrees throughout the day and night and the humidity is always 80%+. I am having trouble keeping the condensation off of the glass, I installed a small computer fan into the top lid that helps keep the condensation down however if I keep it on for to long it will lower the humidity down to about 70% and I was told to keep it above 80% for darts. Does anyone have any ideas on how to keep the condensation down so that I can see through the glass?
    Zoo med and Exo Terra design their tanks with a vent just below the panes of glass in the front. This is to prevent condensation build up. If you're not able to do something like that with your tank then your probably just stuck wiping it each morning.

itzjezze

The tank is an exo terra with the front ventilation however I covered them up with substrate to prevent fruit flies from escaping.

Tony

Condensation is fun, it lets you take cool pictures like this:

Last edited by Tony; April 30th, 2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: typo

itzjezze

lol good pic, ok ill just deal with the condensation. I do keep a roll of paper towels near the tank anyways.

wesleybrouwer

Just use you're pc-ventilator.
    70% will be fine for you're frogs,
    just turn off the fan around lights off to get an increase in humidity at night time.

Thread Information