Thread: Announcements/Change of Plans

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Announcements/Change of Plans

Hey everyone, just thought I'd throw you all a quick update. I don't know how many of you have been reading my latest posts about new editions and new tanks and all that, but here;s the skinny on my inside operation, just in case anyone cares. XD

So, just recently I was having a talk with Cheri and we decided it might be better if I keep Paul Newman, one of the White's we drove down to San Diego to pick up last month. This decision was reached upon a series of conversations, but honestly I would have been really sad to see the little guy go, and am happy that he's staying with me.

Of course this puts Cheri on the top of the list for any blue eyed babies that may come in the future, if I decide to breed my White's in the end, as Paul might be the only male in the whole group! XD; It was very nice for her to offer to let me keep him, and since she put so much money and time into helping me out with both of their set ups (not to mention the funds for even purchasing them) I intend to pay her back as best I can in the future.

Anyway, as for the plans. Since I now have four White's and that is too many too keep in the 18"x18"x24" Exo Terra I was planning on housing three of them in (until they got way too big and I absolutely HAD to shift them all) I have changed my mind about the 131 Gallon tank I recently bought with the intention of building it for a buttload of D. auratus and have decided it would better serve us all as a permanent home for my White's. As Cheri said, they'll really appreciate the space, and I think they all deserve it after the ordeals they've been through. XD;

SO, I have already bought all the supplies and my dad and I have started to build the 131 Gallon with the White's in mind. Mind you, we only have a bottom panel of plastic put in for water proofing, and we still need a new front and top panel of plexi, but it'll be coming along in the next few weeks. So keep your eyes open for my big build!

Thanks to everyone for listening/reading, I really appreciate all the support! ^ ^
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Default Re: Announcements/Change of Plans

That's awesome kisa..I will look out for the big build..Yay!!

bshmerlie

See...four in a 130 gallons they're gonna love it. The Auratus will be fine in the medium Exo Terra. Plus it makes more sense converting the wood tank for tree frogs. Also, just a side note. Don't use plexi on the lid because it will warp from the humidity and heat from the lights. Maybe get some screens made to size. You could use tabs around the edges to secure it. Since the tank is so long you could have two made instead of one big long one. Just some thoughts.

clownonfire

Sounds like a great plan... Kisa, congratulations fr Paul Newman. And Cheri, your generosity keeps on amazing me.

Leefrogs

well, now that you've had a change of plan and species to a tree frog. Have you thaught of standing that viv on end? I know you have limited living space, and a vertical orientation would make allot more room for you. And with a super tall viv, you could have some awsome plants in there. And the whites would use that height to the very top, ok maybe not Wayne. He's a little verticaly challenged, unless he's been climbing more.

I know you're having to start over, but it's an idea. But your top side make glass too, and it would be awesome in a corner, like a frog tower condo!!

artes

Awesome! I'm glad you have another new froggie, and I'm excited to see the big new tank when its finished. My frogs are jealous.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Oh you all so addicted and you know it.
    Kisa, good choice keeping Paul Newman. You would only worry and wonder about him after he was gone.
    Cheri, someone is going to have to check you for wings!

As for the 130 Kisa. the four Whites will use all of that with no problem.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

artes

You know Kisa, once you get done making that one, you can make me one. I pay in hugs and cookies. Vegan gingerbread cookies.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Also, just a side note. Don't use plexi on the lid because it will warp from the humidity and heat from the lights. Maybe get some screens made to size. You could use tabs around the edges to secure it. Since the tank is so long you could have two made instead of one big long one. Just some thoughts
    Thanks for the side note Cheri, I'll be sure to let my dad know. I'd want a screen lid for them anyway, plexi seems so...strange, for tree frogs. XD I can tell you now though, he'll probably want to stick with the plexi, he can be so stubborn. :/

Have you thaught of standing that viv on end?
    Hahaha oh Ginger, you're perseverance will never stop surprising me! XD I have to say the space saving is a good enough reason alone to try to stand it on end. that way we could just leave it be with no stand, it would be like a frog closet, for real. XD

Unfortunately I don't think that's going to work, no matter how good it sounds. Overall, the tank would be 60 inches tall! And at that height I would never be able to clean or do any maintenance on it. It's 23 inches tall now, I think that's a good height for the White's.

And the whites would use that height to the very top, ok maybe not Wayne. He's a little verticaly challenged, unless he's been climbing more.
    It was Campbell that was vertically challenged because of his weight, but it's Ok, I know it's hard to keep them all straight with their first name's all being Bruce. XD I've devised a clever nickname system, for Bruce Campbell, Bruce C. (sounds like Brucie when you say it fast), Wayne for the little blue one, and Willie for Bruce Willis, the one in my avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by artes View Post
    You know Kisa, once you get done making that one, you can make me one. I pay in hugs and cookies. Vegan gingerbread cookies.
    Oh gosh artes don't tease me those sound SO good! >< I love hugs AND cookies, so that deal would work out perfectly! But in all seriousness, this will be the biggest build I've ever and probably will ever attempt, I just hope I make it through alive, adn with all my limbs attached. XD

And Don, your whole post is true. Cheri is a SAINT, and I will never forget her kindness. Little Paul is a blessing, and though I could never worry knowing he would go to Cheri and be in great hands, I would miss his baby blues and his loud obnoxious croaks. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

artes

Quote Originally Posted by Kisa View Post
    Oh gosh artes don't tease me those sound SO good! >< I love hugs AND cookies, so that deal would work out perfectly! But in all seriousness, this will be the biggest build I've ever and probably will ever attempt, I just hope I make it through alive, adn with all my limbs attached. XD
    /offers super glue, just in case (for your limbs)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by artes View Post
    /offers super glue, just in case (for your limbs)
    Haha, I'll take it! XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Grrrit

sounds cool! i cant wait to see what cha make with it!

cheri you are awesome btw!

Thread Information