Thread: What's shaking?

oniwasabi

Default What's shaking?

Hey guys, my name's PJ and I love frogs and toads. I have a small Tomato frog, who's kind of stubborn, any help with getting him to eat or changing his diet would be awesome.

I also like to head outdoors and look for various amphibians, I live in Vancouver, Washington so I've never been able to find much except chorus treefrogs, bullfrogs, red eared sliders, and once I found a northern alligator lizard. I am really trying to find toads (true toads) but no luck so far, I have no clue where to look...cripes.

anyways new to the forum and am looking forward to it.

Leefrogs

Default Re: What's shaking?

welcome to forum!! Don't know much about tomato frogs. Sorry.

Kurt

Welcome aboard. Could you please post your location and country in your profile please? It helps us to help you that much better.
    I have a trio of tomatos and they are pigs. Tell me how are you keeping yours. Maybe I can help.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hey welcome to the forum , and eveything is shaking here in Christchurch...lmao

oniwasabi

I got a pretty basic setup for my Tomato Frog. He's in some frog moss, it comes condensed and you need to add water along with that I've got some co earth loose coconut fiber. Also got him two little pools fro water and a hut. This is all in a 10 gal tank, with screen top and no light fixture. I spray the cage down twice a day and feed him large crickets after they've eaten some cricket food.

I've talked with the pet store and they told me that there's other food sources I could use but most other foods are just fatty. I don't know though I've had my guy for 6 months now and he's still pretty small.

Kurt

Sounds good. You can gut load crickets with carrots and oranges. Just be careful with "frog moss", you don't want the frog accidently swallowing it.

Thread Information