1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

malepyxiefrog

Default Re: Help needed asap

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    oh, I hope that everything is good. And wow, you had to cross country, sorry I didn't answer transport question. Your a caring owner, I'm sure you figured that out. I'm currious if it was a rock or somethingthat caused it, or just a torn butt. And if he'll be ready to have food, or if they'll do a liquid diet.. ...

I know it sucks to dish out a bunch of cash, but when opal ate a bunch of moss, I was facing impaction, or vet. If he hadn't pooped it out, I'd be running 4/5 hours to the vet also. He's my talker, my favorite Lil peanut.

Thank you soo much for sharing, and everyone is rooting for a full and speedy recovery.
    You might be right about spending a lot of money but as long as he loves his frogs and wants the best care for them.

Wormwood

Glad to hear you made it to the vet. I hope he comes around and ends up healthy and happy - if not you know you've done the most anyone could possibly do for the little bugger. *hugs*

Deejay Mayweather

Heys guys, Great news i went and picked him up yesterday and hes absolutely fine like nothings ever happend until you lift him up and see a load of stitches it looks totally sore.

The vets have gave me antibotics and a syringe and i cant get him to open his mouth any suggestions?. I also was thinking about the liquid diet but the vet said leave him a day or two and then feed and he will be fine. It was his butt muscle it was totally torn it was not impaction which i assumed it would be they said 99% the same thing will not happen again which im delighted with.
    As for the price it was £204 but it was money well spent i saved my lil guys life.

Thanks once again for all the kind words guys and help its all been much appreciated.

cheers....deejay.

ps; I will upload pics as soon as possible.

Leefrogs

that's so awsome!! I'm very happy for you and your frog. As far as getting his mouth open, use a plastic spoon turned upside down. Gently.

You diserve rep and major applause!!

7. This member thanks Leefrogs for this post:

Deejay Mayweather

Thanks lee,

Hey guys my lil guy his losing weight dramaticall and not eating well when i say not eating i mean hes just eating like one item per day. And he was my biggest juvenile know hes my smallest and ive noticed hes got a big patch on his back like pigment of some sort its a total diff colour frohim and if you look closely its got red innit, and it seems to be sensitive as when i slightly touched it he arched his back any suggestions/answers to all of the above would be much appreciated....

many thanks.

Leefrogs

I would just neosporin it. Maybe a good picture for the gurus to look at. If it seems to get better in a few days then you know it was no problem
    Makesure it had NO pain releiver

Most serious problems start on the belly or legs.

I'm glad he's eating SOMETHING though.

Malachi

Is this the same guy that went to the vet?

Deejay Mayweather

yes,why?

Ok i phoned the vet today and explained this bright white patch on his back and they said that in the morning after the opereration he had hard dry skin on his back and they removed it with warm wet cotton wool,could this be the cause???

Leefrogs

I would think so. Did the vet say to just let it heal. They heal quite quickly, I would think it would go away soon.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

One of mine had this happen twice when young, and an adult male I have just picked up had it happen with its previous owner about 3 years ago, both have been fine since (only the adult required surgery). I didn't feed mine for two weeks after getting it back inside, then I went with soft foods only. I picked up that it can be related to a lack of calcium in fast growing frogs, so I used earthworms that I had injected with a calcium supplement, don't know if it helped or not but has been 2 years with no complications. It did slow down its growth rate and I don't think it caught back up in terms of size, but it might of been heading to be a smaller female anyway.
    Good luck and keep us posted.

Deejay Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    I would think so. Did the vet say to just let it heal. They heal quite quickly, I would think it would go away soon.

Thanks lee

Deejay Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by BEETLE View Post
    One of mine had this happen twice when young, and an adult male I have just picked up had it happen with its previous owner about 3 years ago, both have been fine since (only the adult required surgery). I didn't feed mine for two weeks after getting it back inside, then I went with soft foods only. I picked up that it can be related to a lack of calcium in fast growing frogs, so I used earthworms that I had injected with a calcium supplement, don't know if it helped or not but has been 2 years with no complications. It did slow down its growth rate and I don't think it caught back up in terms of size, but it might of been heading to be a smaller female anyway.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
    No hes all good now after surgery my latest question is what his this big white patch on his back what seems to be sore? The vet reckons its when they removed some dry skin off his back read over the posts.

thanks....

Leefrogs

I think he may have stuck to the table/or paper durring surgery. Is it right on a pressure spot, like where if he were to roll over, all his weight would be on that spot? There's been some bad frog burns here, with Picts, that healed up in a month. So I would think, that it should heal quick. just watch for infection, if it looks dry/scabby it probly fine. If it grows, bleeds, pusses, or anything weird, a little neosporin. But it's been a few days, it's probably dry and clean, and in a good spot to keep clean.

Deejay Mayweather

hey lee, its all over his back this big white patch but ive just noticed him scratching it and its slightly bleeding. It seems to be very sensitive has when i spray him he arches up. It isnt dry it just seems to be moist like the rest of him am i best letting him dry up for a few days ie...no water bowl and no spraying him down??? Im confused as to what to do....

Im waiting or a call back off the vets know for more info..

Leefrogs

I would go down to the minimal humidity on this species, not framiliar with bull frogs. Sorry. For whites I can go down to 50%. let him have his water bowl. And as wound heals, they do itch. It's a good sign. If he's got your frog on anibiotics this will eliminate infection.

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

Hi
    Just a thought is the patch growing or changing size? Is it possible that it is some sort of chemical burn / reaction to something on the operating table?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information