Thread: New red eyed tree frogs

Cable2001

Talking New red eyed tree frogs

Ten days ago I managed to fulfill my goal of getting some red eyed tree frogs. Luckily for me, they were on sale for 1/3 the regular price.

I've found that these are my most stressful herps so far since I can't see them eat and I have to just hope they're all getting enough.

They don't seem to like the waxworms or mealworms I've offered, but the crickets disappear. Either they're being eaten or they're really good at hiding/escaping. lol

Here are some pics of their home. These are from a couple of months ago, the plants have grown quite a bit since then and there's a little more wood. In the water are zebra danios, cherry barbs, gold barbs, white clouds, and a couple of kuhli loaches.

And here are my three frogs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: New red eyed tree frogs

They're looking a bit rough. The first one is showing the neon green spots that are often a sign of systemic bacterial infection, and the other two have significant noserub. I strongly suggest reading up on quarantine, getting them into a more suitable (drier) environment, and getting in touch with a vet to acquire baytril and silver sulfadiazene. I use Dr. David Frye, he can be contacted at dr.frye.dvm@sbcglobal.net. Unfortunately "bargain" animals usually aren't bargains at all.

bshmerlie

Welcome to the forum. Nice tank. . . But not really a tree frog tank. Your setup looks perfect for firebellied toads they are more aquatic. For tree frogs you need to think thick dense jungle. They want lots of branches and vines. Try to use up as much of the vertical space you can. Also that deep of water could be a potential hazard for them.

Leefrogs

Even a fake palm leaf would help them. A couple sticks maybe. They like to walk up high from place to place. You can look at my agalychnis annae 10 gal to get an idea of a jungle. It's pretty crowded, but that's what they like. Lots of cover.

Make a plan and do it all at once, changing a little every couple days stresses them out
    I say turn that viv on it's end and get a conversion kit online or make your own. There's my home conversion in my alblum too. If you do this you have to wait 48 hours to put them back in. The silicone has to cure.

Good luck!

Thread Information