Thread: Lighting ,feeding etc.... WTF

Angelsue

Default Lighting ,feeding etc.... WTF

Just want to ask what bottled water do you use from the shops for your frogs water bowls and misting and what is the best thing (sorry cant think what its called) you use to make tap water safe for them??

What are the rules of the UV light do I put it on in the morning and turn off at night? How long is it on for?

Does anyone use a bulb at night so you can see your frogs? and if so what bulb is best to use so they are not disturbed at night?

Could you tell me about dusting their food too as with my bd he has his calcium once a day and his nutrobal twice a week so could you please help me over what i do with the frogs

Sorry for all the questions just need to find out everything before i get them so I can give them the best care

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sierra

Default Re: Lighting ,feeding etc.... WTF

Water)

I bought a gallon of spring water, and I just refill it with tap water when I need to. You can buy water conditioner at pretty much any pet store, and I think that walmart sells it too.
    As for misting, a lot of people use distilled water because it does not leave chemical deposits on the glass. Do not use distilled water in the water dish because it can irritate their skin.

Lighting)
    I use a day light for heat, then I also use exoterra night glo bulbs for night time because I need them for heat, it doesn't disturb them.

Dusting)
    I dust them every time I feed them(gut loaded crickets). I put some of the powder in a bag and shake and bake them :P

I hope I helped good luck! Its always good to ask

4. This member thanks Sierra for this post:

Thread Information