Thread: April-May Contest- Care Articles

bshmerlie

Default April-May Contest- Care Articles

Here is the information and rules for the April-May contest. For this contest we are looking for Care Sheet Articles or Meet the Frog Articles. The following are the basic guildlines to follow:

1. It must be about a frog.
    2. It must contain at least two original photos of the frog. They can not be copied and pasted off the intrernet. You can ask other members, friends, or breeders to help you with a particular photo. YOU MUST reference who took the photos.
    3. It does not have to be in an exact format but please take a look at the ones we have or the ones Terry just posted to get an idea.
    4. Someone should be able to read your care sheet and be able to have the basic requirements of that frog understood.
    5. It must include the basics of temp, humidity, caging, substrate, breeding, feeding etc.
    6. Give a little background where the frog is originally from and how it lives in its natural environment.

Now as everyone knows I am big on making this contest available to the newbies. So here is the scoop. The winner of the contest will be drawn at random out of a hat like the last time. I will include every submission as long as the person gave it a good effort. I do understand that there are a lot of members who have only had their frog for a short amount of time. BUT think about why you are here on this forum. We all started out the same way. We got our first frog and began to do research on its proper care. All im asking you to do is take notes and document what you have learned. You can even start a thread and ask members questions so that you can gather information for your article. You can ask other members for help with photos or help uploading them if you are limited due to using a cell phone. We all had to do reports in high school or college...this is no different. Learn about your frog and write what you've learned about his care.

I would recommend starting a thread, gather information, collect your photos and then post your article. That will allow people to tweak it and give suggestions. When you feel good about it submit it to the thread I will create for submissions to the contest. Eric will then post them on Frog Forums Face Book page. All entries will have a chance to win. Just give it your best effort...no one is grading you.. And hopefully you will learn a lot about your frog.

You can submit more than one entry to the contest but it had to be about a different frog.

You can submit a caresheet on the same type of frogs that are already on the forum. This is more about you learning and sharing info. So if you have Red Eyes or Whites or whatever go ahead and do the article on which ever frog you feel you want to learn about.

The Winner of the contest will receive a pair of frogs of their choice...up to a $100 value. Now I am aware there are a lot of international members where frogs would not be the ideal prize. In that event we can go with another prize of equal monetary value.

The contest will run through the first week of June. That gives everyone two months to research their frog and gather photos. Last time we got 22 submissions. Those were great odds at winning a misting system. Now its time to fill up those tanks you built with free frogs. Good Luck everyone.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information