Thread: Does anyone have a frog cam set up?

Kutschy

Lightbulb Does anyone have a frog cam set up?

I just got an idea for my tank, setting up a web cam that attaches to the side walls or top. That way the shy critters won't get spooked. I think it would work great for catching pictures/footage of a frog calling for a mate without disturbing them. Has anyone done this or something similar already?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

spadefoottoad17

Default Re: Does anyone have a frog cam set up?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I believe John took down the frog tv site here on the forum. I had one up for my 55 gallon which you can see some video on the website http://www.ustream.com. Just search for MikeM670 and you should find a video or two. I'm not running it right now as I wanted to find a better way of keeping the video camera inside the tank and not seeing activity in the room outside the tank.

I actually was thinking about seeing if there was enough interest in having a single location those who were interested in having a frog cam could post too. A one stop frog video web page.
    1.2.0 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Azureus'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Lamasi 'Orange'
    1.1.0 Dendrobates Ventrimaculatus 'Understory Line'
    0.3.0 Dendrobates leucomelas

--------------------------------------------------
    As always your mileage may vary!
    I may or may not know what I'm talking about!

Kutschy

Sorry, I didn't check my emails for replies. Thank your for replying since this what exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking about having an archive of some sort rather than a live video feed since live video doesn't always produce a lot of traffic. My ideal thought of an archive would include terrariums that exhibit environments which throughly mimic their natural habitat. This would do an excellent job for showing the most beneficial breeding conditions, most active environment settings, what frogs utilize with their tank set up like sticks; water; temperature; and lighting, and would also provide a better understanding of how the frogs act while you are not present (or certain times of the day). To me this would create an amazing opportunity for certain situations (i.e. a scientist or professional in a relative field studying coping with change and evolution). This website has a LOT of traffic for what it has to provide for the users. I see several people saying they found this website by a random search on a search engine. Having said, why not increase our informative observations for the benefit of the amphibious world? The atmosphere this website displays is extremely down to earth and friendly--lets make something big of this in the long run for we already have the initial motive .

Thread Information