Thread: RETF looks frozen?

Alkaline8214

Default RETF looks frozen?

Today my RETF was acting a little strange. Just didnt look right to me. Usually when I place his crickets in he is eager to eat. Tonight not so much. I kept an eye on him and suddenly he looked as if he was frozen.... He looks dead. So I place him in a water dish and he slowly strengthens back up and springs to life.... 2 minutes later he is frozen again and looks dead.... He is still breathing. Never seen this before. Help... please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: RETF looks frozen?

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with you frog. Its hard to diagnosis something like this when there can be so many variables. Have you checked out the frog first aid care article on the left. For dehydration it mentions a pedialyte soak. I've heard of people doing this with full strength pedialyte while others have diluted with half frog safe water. Of course you do NOT want to use the fruit flavored ones. But as I said before there many other reasons your frog could be listless. The proper way to diagnosis a medical problem with your frog is to get him to a herp vet ASAP. For tonight recheck your temp and humidity and make sure they are within the correct perameters. If you have the chance you can try the pedialyte to perk him up but something has gotten him to this point. If its environmental you can read the red eye care article on the left and make sure you are meeting his requirements. If its medical he would need to have the proper treatment from a qualified vet. Keep us posted on how he's doing.

Thread Information