Thread: Fire Belly mating help

schizems

Default Fire Belly mating help

I have a fire belly toad never knew what gender, thought male cause it barked sometimes, i also house a local grey tree frog in the tank its male for sure, its croakining all the time they've been in the same tank for over a year, but the last couple months they are getting friendly... anyways tonight i caught them...mating.. will this be successful? or will the tadpoles just die of from mutations?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rocko

Default Re: Fire Belly mating help

Quote Originally Posted by schizems View Post
    I have a fire belly toad never knew what gender, thought male cause it barked sometimes, i also house a local grey tree frog in the tank its male for sure, its croakining all the time they've been in the same tank for over a year, but the last couple months they are getting friendly... anyways tonight i caught them...mating.. will this be successful? or will the tadpoles just die of from mutations?

I'm sure that must be an odd sight to see, unfortunately grey tree frogs and firebelly toads aren't nearly related enough for reproduction to occur. Furthermore, your grey tree frog is at risk being in the same enclosure as the firebelly given the high level of toxicity the toads have. Most folks on this forum will recommend a separate enclosure for each species as most frogs have some type of unique toxicity which may harm others. I hope this info helps.

Thread Information