Thread: My juvenile african bullfrogs (pics)

Deejay Mayweather

Default My juvenile african bullfrogs (pics)

Quick update on my two african bullfrogs i got back in feb when they was like nearly two inches. Now there like two lil lmonsters that eat me out of my house and home...lol

Name:  IMG_0007.JPG
Views: 261
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0008.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  57.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0009.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  73.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0010.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  70.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0011.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  54.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0012.JPG
Views: 258
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0013.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  61.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0014.JPG
Views: 371
Size:  67.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

spencerburgo

Default Re: My juvenile african bullfrogs (pics)

looking good what length are they now?

cheers spencer..........

Deejay Mayweather

Thanks spence, there both currently 4 and half inches in length.

Daniel L

Nice 2 young males you have! Enjoy them growing!

Deejay Mayweather

Thanks alot mate, Im really looking forward to them getting huge. Every week i see the difference in size its truly amazing. They dont stop calling day time/night time any time.....There propper characters.

spencerburgo

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay Mayweather View Post
    Thanks alot mate, Im really looking forward to them getting huge. Every week i see the difference in size its truly amazing. They dont stop calling day time/night time any time.....There propper characters.
    strange how they vary in age when they call one of mine has been calling for a month the other only called for the first time a few days ago, i no you have all your horned frogs calling wich is why yours are like sopranos lol,

cheers spencer...........

Eel Noob

Nice looking young males.

malepyxiefrog

Hi, how old are they now? My male pyxie frog is 6 months and only 5 inches. Also what do you feed them?

Deejay Mayweather

Hi my african bullfrogs are roughly 4 to 4 and a half months old.
    I feed them as much as they will eat in 15mins twice a day once in the morning and once at night.
    I feed them on earth worms,locusts,crickets,dubai roaches,beetle grubs,morio's and thats basically it.I give them a mixture of the above every feed. I prefer not to give any of my my frogs any mice/chicks till they are around the 1year mark.

Thanks deejay....

africangrey13

I got my 4 giant babies around the same time as you in February. Mine aren't growing as fast as yours. My largest male is 4 in and the other male at 3.5 in. Got two females at 2.5 in. Their staple diet is crickets with superworms twice a week. You still feed them every day. I thought that once they got to this age that we should cut back to every other day. I just worry about feeding too much and them getting fat. They went through a 1000 large crickets and 250 super worms last month. Lucky for me there is a cricket ranch 20 minutes from my house so I don't have to pay shipping on the crickets.

Deejay Mayweather

Yes i still feed mine everyday. I guess it depends on what you feed them everyday i cant see the diet i give them can get them outta shape too quickly without me noticing. As you can see my frogs are very hery healthy and in total proportion.I dont feed any of my frogs mice/chicks till they are of good size i will probably start offering them in another years time. wow yours are growing quite slow in comparison but i suppose this could be down to a number of things,nothing down to you. hope this helps.....

cheers......deejay

malepyxiefrog

Hi Deejay, in like 2 months your frogs will start to grow slower because mine is 7 months and starting to grow slow. By then your frogs should be 5 1/2- 6 inches.

africangrey13

Actually come to think of it mine are growing fine. I didn't realize yours were 2 inches when you got them in February. Mine were barely bigger than a quarter when I got them so half your size to start off.

Roidrage

Quote Originally Posted by malepyxiefrog View Post
    Hi Deejay, in like 2 months your frogs will start to grow slower because mine is 7 months and starting to grow slow. By then your frogs should be 5 1/2- 6 inches.
    Thats very individual like with all animals, Some keep growing and growing while some stops pretty early, yours and his frogs can have complete different growth-rate. Like i said its individual,,,

Nice frogs btw!

Cheers

Deejay Mayweather

Quote Originally Posted by Roidrage View Post
    Thats very individual like with all animals, Some keep growing and growing while some stops pretty early, yours and his frogs can have complete different growth-rate. Like i said its individual,,,

Nice frogs btw!

Cheers

Roidrage, you are exaxtly spot on with your comment its very individual like with all animals/humans everyone and everything as different growth rates. For example abit off the subject but yano, im 23 and 6'6 and my oldest brother is 29 and 5'7....but anyway we all stop growing at some stage some sooner than others and thats with anything.

cheers

Thread Information