Thread: Looking for Grey Tree Frogs in CT

frog

Question Looking for Grey Tree Frogs in CT

Hi, is there anyone on this form that is in CT? I was looking for a gray tree frog but in the bright green color. All I can find are the Grey with some green stripes, he never turns bright green like some of the photos I have seen of them. see attached photo.need help on this. does anyone have any of these frogs. The one I have I think is a male, it chirps like a bird but does not sing like you here in the spring. the frog has a mild grey/black throat. is this a male or female? this is the only one I have and would like to get more male and females.I don't now if these can be shipped thru the mail but if anyone has any and knows how to ship let me know or any local pick ups.

Thanks 4 the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Looking for Grey Tree Frogs in CT

There members here from CT, Alex Shepack comes to mind. There are quite a few of us from New England here.
    Sadly, I have never seen any Hyla versicolor with that bright of a green color. I think John has a few ones that are that bright.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Colour depends on their mood (stressed or not) their background for the last few hours and I believe to some degree humidity. Any gray treefrog is capable of becoming the colour you want - really. It's up to them.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

thejolta

Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Hi, is there anyone on this form that is in CT? I was looking for a gray tree frog but in the bright green color. All I can find are the Grey with some green stripes, he never turns bright green like some of the photos I have seen of them. see attached photo.need help on this. does anyone have any of these frogs. The one I have I think is a male, it chirps like a bird but does not sing like you here in the spring. the frog has a mild grey/black throat. is this a male or female? this is the only one I have and would like to get more male and females.I don't now if these can be shipped thru the mail but if anyone has any and knows how to ship let me know or any local pick ups.

Thanks 4 the help.
    I've got two of those guys (1 girl 1 guy) and yes all that sounds like a male to me. If it chirps then it's definitely a male.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Oh yes, females don't make any noise unless a male grabs them during the breeding season and they're not ready to mate, and then it's just a high pitched squeak.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Thread Information