Thread: The Jello Bowl says hi.

Jheuloh

Default The Jello Bowl says hi.

I introduce myself to the Frog Forums, wiggling & jiggling from the Jello Bowl! Just today, I picked up from a family friend what looks to be a green tree frog (Hyla cinerea) based on the white stripe going down the length of its body, but for now, there's no guarantees on what species it is, as it's a WC animal (story behind that: apparently it was lost in a local mall.) Whatever he/she/it is currently is curled up under some potting soil, next to a piece of timber with "resurrecting ferns"(Polypodium polypodioides) growing on it. Having raised three different reptiles (a corn snake, bearded dragon, leopard gecko), an amphibian's a new-ish venture for me. I wish I could show pictures of the terrarium (and maybe get a glimpse of the sleeping frog too!) though my camera batteries are dead. D:

The living space for the frog is near literally a "Backyard In a Box", () as it's filled entirely with transplanted ferns/clovers/other plants, lichens, pebbles, fallen leaves, a plastic frog with a mouth filled with water, and a plastic dish filled with water (with a rock in the center.) All of said things came from the same people whom I got the mystery frog (to a non-Anuran educated person, that is.)
    Last edited by Jheuloh; March 27th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Leefrogs

Default Re: The Jello Bowl says hi.

cool! Welcome to the forum. I love the frog soaking in a frog idea. Very whimsical!! Well if it's a tree frog it would like a taller tank. I would look up those plants and make sure they're not toxic in any way. You need hydrometer-- absolutly, plus atleast obe thermometer. And see if the soil needs to be changed. Potting soil may make him sick beacause of the fertilizers they add in it. If u think it's sick or stressed some spring water with drop of honey should perk him up a bit. I too had everything before I got frogs, as this is a totally new level in animal care. They have to be way more sterile than any other animal, but it also requires more mental attention than anything I've had. but somehow it's more rewarding, as you'll soon find out. Welcome to our forum, care sheets to the left, internal search tree frog viv pictures and you'll be swamped with ideas!!

Thread Information