Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick, Cheap, Easy Terrarium/Vivarium

FrogFarm

Default Re: Quick, Cheap, Easy Terrarium/Vivarium

I had this same idea! Used to make them for my rodents as a travel/temp cage.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but has anyone used or heard of someone using this (brilliant!) design for Fire-belly toads?

(also, quick question: what is the difference between a vivarium and a terrarium? I am completely new to frogs)

Person Who Likes Frogs

I use these for my snakes, Leopard Geckos and mice.

superphil92

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    I guess I am going to have to step foot in a place I rather not support at all.
    Well Jake i'm 12 to. but this is probably my 20th post. Haha. Anyways thanks for the great idea! I am a very young American Bullfrog breeder. Or starting to atleast. I have bred 2 pairs of bullys. But this idea will be great for keeping newly hatched bullfrogs!

BG

This is a great idea John. This is how i keep my pacman and African bullfrogs. I only have to control the temps like you said,or else there will be issues. Its a great idea especially now in these hard times. People don't have to deprive them selfs from having a pet.

AndrewChen

haha im about 15 so yeah! only one year older haha this is a great idea i think i will use this cause my tank now has a small crack in it so yeah want to change. would this be ok for tadpoles too/ im thinking of getting some more green and golden bell frogs but i already have three. i know i shouldn't have them in the same container but i don't need two sets of frogs. what should i do? i keep them in my room so its limited space

Tori Savage

John, great idea! I'm really running out of tank space, and these can stack! HAHA!!!!!

I have a newly aquired leopard frog tadpole. That thing is huge for a tadpole! But anyways, how well would a smaller/shorter version of this work for a tad tank pretty much for the leopard frog tadpole? I have a glass tank that I'm going to convert to his needs, half land half water. And I need something to put him in to do so. Any ideas would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks!

superphil92

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Savage View Post
    John, great idea! I'm really running out of tank space, and these can stack! HAHA!!!!!

I have a newly aquired leopard frog tadpole. That thing is huge for a tadpole! But anyways, how well would a smaller/shorter version of this work for a tad tank pretty much for the leopard frog tadpole? I have a glass tank that I'm going to convert to his needs, half land half water. And I need something to put him in to do so. Any ideas would be awesomely appreciated. Thanks!
    Are you sure its not an american bullfrog tadpole? Leopard frog tadpoles are quite tiny. If you need to know about their care, I have 3 healthy american bullfrogs.

BG

This idea is such a space saver.lol.I still love it. This way you can have more pets.lol

Tori Savage

Phillip, yes I am sure its not a bullfrog. The woman at the petstore which has quite a few of her own personal frogs on display told me it was a leopard frog tadpole. I've also looked at pictures on the Internet and it looks like my tadpole.

optimum

very useful tutorial.I ques if you are on a budget this is the way to go.

Brandon Lee Hoover

This is GREAT I'm a college student on a very tight budget atm. And if you look at my thread posted earlier today you will see I landed myself with a very injured Cuban Tree frog. I don't have the money to invest in a proper home for him especially if he doesn't make it but I'm willing to spend $10 even if its only to make him comfortable for his final days I'll pick this stuff up tomorrow thanks again

arielgasca420

for so long I have been willing to pay for a glass aquarium to have half land and half water but I am so tired of picking up such heavy aquariums that I have no coice but to just buy a plastic container.

pacman90

lol i made one of these but a smaller size for the wild Fowler toad i caught to bring him home in this past weekend didnt get around to the lighting part yet just has holes in the top for air at the moment great idea

DFM

Could I do a half and half or 60/40 water/land setup with one of these? how would one recommend sealing part of it off?

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Quick, Cheap, Easy Terrarium/Vivarium

You can use smooth-edged glass and silicone it in. Use 100% silicone, no mold/mildew inhibitors (it is toxic to them). I've seen people use plexiglass, but its harder to get a good seal with it.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

LunaDay

This is a fantastic idea. I can't wait until payday! Thank you

nirotorin

You can also glue the screen to the interior side of the lid. It looks a little better that way.

Plastic storage bins can also be found at most any hardware store, or general merchandise retail store. Though they will probably still be made in China. It's probably still better not to support Walmart.

Amazonmilkfrog

Hey guys i want to ask:
    Could i have any tree frogs specie in 25-25-25 cm terarium?(not exotera)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Cool Re: Quick, Cheap, Easy Terrarium/Vivarium

I had the same idea with a 58qt. tub. however the plastic would get so hot it would melt if the lamp was to close and touched so I had to use all mesh on top and a little bit of laminated wood as a frame for the mesh. good thing I alwese have wood and wire mesh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information