Thread: Tinc new sleeping position

bogalog

Default Tinc new sleeping position

Hi guys, bit of an odd question, but I'm a bit paranoid about my frogs.

I have 2 male tinc's in an 18"x18"x24" viv, and to give them a bit more cover I put in an extra peace lily the other day.

Since then, Buddha, the frog I think is the dominant one, has taken to sleeping under a leaf, pressed up against the glass at the front. He used to sleep in the coconut hut next to where the new lily is.

He sort of dug into the dirt under the leaf, so I guess he feels safe, but I just wanted to make sure its not a sign of anything bad going on.

Weight-wise he seems very healthy, he is generally larger than the other frog in the tank - hence his name!

Afraid the pic isnt very good, but im sure you will get the idea:

Any words of wisdom?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: Tinc new sleeping position

buddha under the bodi tree, perfect!!! No I think it's fine, any other thaughts from anyone? I heard a story of a small WTF intimidating a larger one, I think it was spankng's thread, so sometimes size doesn't make one dominant. Tinks are territorial, I don't know if u have separate them, maybe some one has more knowledge that way, but maybe he just likes the plant? And taking the path of least ressistance, like his names sake

bogalog

Thanks for the reply!

From what i've seen, buddha has done some mild intimidation - standing right next to, or on top of on rare occasions.
    Also, Buddha is the only one to call, Pest has never.

I'm really hoping I dont have to separate them, I really dont have the space.

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by bogalog View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

From what i've seen, buddha has done some mild intimidation - standing right next to, or on top of on rare occasions.
    Also, Buddha is the only one to call, Pest has never.

I'm really hoping I dont have to separate them, I really dont have the space.
    Tincts are quite territorial and 2 of them in a 18*18*24 could be a bit small if they are not juvies anymore. Keep in mind that they will need more walk space than climbing space. And if they can't have hideouts from one another, their more aggressive nature will come out... From your picture, I would say there's serious leafage needed. Add oak leaves on the substrate, and more plants...

bogalog

Its a bad shot: heres one of the tank as a whole

I will keep an eye on them. Im trying to give lots of cover, hence the new plant i put in

They each have a coconut hut, and Buddha used to use the one on the left. This is the 2nd night in a row he has slept at the front.

Thread Information