Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rococo toads? O: IMPORTANT!

Default Rococo toads? O: IMPORTANT!

Well I wanna keep a rococo toad. I was wondering would a woodland set up be good for them? and...Where could I find them for sale? I really wanna buy one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Rococo toads? O: IMPORTANT!

They are very, very expensive. Last time I saw one for sale it was $200.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    They are very, very expensive. Last time I saw one for sale it was $200.
    Ehh I stopped caring for price. Right now I just wanna find a good breeder. ._____. I mean I could go with cane toads. But what assures me itll grow to a nice size? Overfeeding? I dont think so e.e xD but seriously. its like you dont know how much itl grow. so yeah.

please answer me D: I really want to know!

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

No one breeds these - they are all wild caught. As to whether or not they grow large, that's luck of the draw but captive ones tend to grow larger than the average ones in the wild do. Keep them warm and feed them well.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

I heard that cane toads. that the water bowls if you touch it...youll hands will burn D: I like cane toads but i cant have it for that reason

Nationality
    [Ireland]

You really need to buy a decent book and do some research, Deku. Then come back with a firm base of knowledge and ask your questions.

...I already have books. I already read them. Page by page. I have 50herpetological books. Literary. Thats all I do everyday. Read, read, work, read, sleep (with eating of course) i read enough books. Some tell me to wear gloves and such, while others say otherwise. So this is were the role of "forums" come into play. Whose going to set me on the right path? books? Books are mere opinion based upon their own knowledge. I like to have imput on everything. So that way if you say their water isnt going to harm you. Then thatd be your experience but if someone else says it isnt and then alot of other people say it isnt going to. Then I go with what their saying. you see. I just dont want to suffer while doing water changes. .___. thats why I wanted a rococo toad.

Kurt

I have never heard anyone getting chemical burns from change the water in a marine/cane toad's bowl. You can get chemical burns from bleach but not toads. As long as you have no open wounds on your hands or you keep from touching your eyes after handling the toad and its water bowl, you should be fine.

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Kurt, even that's a bit alarmist. These things don't go around just dumping poison out on their water bowls.

Really? are you freaking kidding me? I was warned all ****** over (nd no ididnt curse i just used the * xD lol to make it dramatical) that I shouldnt own a cane toad because a)illegal in nj (not really illegal the girls just a prick) b)deadly from touch(that if i pet it or touch the water bowl I could die or get allergic reaction. This is my all time favorite toad .____. in my country like i lived we used to see cane toads the size of freaking foot balls. they were kind o.O they came up to us for some reason. But I was a kid and afraid and my brothers were cruel cause we were toad we could die from it when we were a kid x___x so they killed them. And I watched in terror... Dx but now i love them and want to protect them...

for some reason I still cant decide Dx now iam thinking about Sonoran desert toad. Dx idk which is the best for me. I have access for the toad. but idk yet

http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.co...care_sheet.htm is what it says in this caresheet right? Which ones more active cane toads or colorado toads?

Nationality
    [Ireland]

Thanks a lot Deku, you just linked a drug enthusiast web site.

Really? o____o wtf. I thought it was herbs and such. o___x IAM NOT A DRUGGIE DX drugs are bad! Dx DRUGS ARE BAD Dx demn it Dx sorry Iam tired I thought it was just an animal care site thing D: my friend pointed me towards it ;-;

Though oddly funny. xD this sort of thing doesnt happen to me. Due to sometimes Iam not paying attention xD

Kurt

Not to worry, it looked likes a care sheet to me. Admittedly I just scanned over it real quickly.

Personally, if I were you, I would go with the marine toad for now. They are cheaper and more adaptable, eating a variety of things including plants and dog food. Try getting a Colorado River toad to do that. Also you mentioned a bit of nostalgic feeling stowards this species. I have those same feelings for the spotted turtle as I used to catch them all the time as a kid. Unfortunately for me, it is illegal to keep spotted turtles in Massachusetts. Lucky for you, its not illegal to keep marine toads in New Jeresy.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Kurt, even that's a bit alarmist. These things don't go around just dumping poison out on their water bowls.
    I know, I am just covering out collective *****.

Though at the Museum of Sciensce we had a casting of a very large marine toad and the story behind it, according to the curator, is that the guy who did ended up in the emergency room. He was casting a dead toad and had been using x-acto knives in process and managed to nick himself a few times. He ended up in the ER from being poisoned by this dead toad. Don't know how much of that is true, but I don't think the curator was in the habit of spreading taurocopro around.

The casting was pretty awesome. Like I said it was HUGE. Didn't know toads could get that big till I saw it. The guy did an excellent job on it. It looked like it was alive. We could've put it on display with the live animals and I don't think a single visitor would catch on. Of course most people think red-eyes and darts aren't real until they move, then they are in awe.

So would I handle a marine toad? I free handled a copperhead earlier today so yes, yes I would.

I'ved handled a copperhead lololol they dont do **** xD

Kurt

They can and I don't reccomend anyone going out and picking one up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information