Thread: M. Nasuta community group

Default M. Nasuta community group

So several months back, I created the Megophrys Nasuta community group, but anyone I knew who had one was inactive on the forum at the time. However, recently I've had some members join, and I've seen more people on the forum who own one. Thus, I'm starting to be active in the group, and I ask all current and former M. Nasuta owners to join and share your experience and knowledge.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Tony

Default Re: M. Nasuta community group

I joined up but I'm afraid I don't have much to add, haven't had time to do much with my pair beyond feeding and watering them.

Do you have a pair of them together? Everyone else has only one, and we're not sure how they respond together, so that is something worth talking about! But, hopefully more people will join and have a lot to write about and you'll be able to read.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1beataway View Post
    Do you have a pair of them together? Everyone else has only one, and we're not sure how they respond together, so that is something worth talking about! But, hopefully more people will join and have a lot to write about and you'll be able to read.
    No, they are housed separately, I didn't want to chance keeping them together since the females are notorious for cannibalism.

Yeah, I would like to try breeding, and others are trying to convince me to do so, but I would cry if my male was eaten.

Feel free to respond to my intro thread in the group.

I have actually found in several articles that cannibalism was due to hunger during importation and that successful keeping of pairs has occured. Can't cite currently though, if you do an elaborate google search, you might be able to find it.

landshark

Well at the local store they have a trio of 2 males and a large female, however they are priced at $69 each, which is beyond my limit at the moment. I want them so badly though..

I'm definitely gonna look them up. I knew some people had bred them, but had heard from many sources that a lot of people were failing, and I heard a lot about the cannibalism. That was what made me decide not to even try.

$69 is cheaper than other prices I've heard for females, but more expensive for males.
    0.0.1 Polypedates Leucomystax
    2.1.2 Litoria Caerulea
    1.0.0 Megophrys Nasuta
    1.1.0 Bombina Orientalis
    0.0.1 Hyla Versicolor
    0.0.1 Pyxicephalus Adspersus

phoebe froggy

My Desmond Tutu was in a very small tank with another male,they are the same size,I wondered if I should have bought the pair

desiredaffect

i have a male of these but am getting a female at the end of this month, i would really like to hear what you all have to say about them. how do i join the group???

bshmerlie

One of the tabs at the top of the board is labeled Community....select it....scroll down to Groups...select it.....then click on the group you want to join. Select Join Group. Elaine is in the process of moving to another state right now so give her some time to welcome you in. Why don't you post a picture of your frogs enclosure so we can see it.
    Last edited by bshmerlie; May 29th, 2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo

desiredaffect

k every one this is Spartacus

this was the first day i got him and he was very ill with parasites

Thread Information