Let me start off by saying that I know nothing about frogs so I already feel guily for some of the wrong steps I may have taken.

Whilst walking to the bottom of the garden yesterday i saw a motionless frog with one of its rear legs almost hanging off its body, I assumed it to be dead but upon gently prodding it the frog tried to move although struggled to do so. Now I am quite a softie when it comes to all living creatures so I knew that I wanted to help it.

So I had him in my room all night in a old ice cream container that I filled with tap water, yes I found out this morning that tap water can be deadly for frogs and so i feel bad about that. I tilted the container so that the water was at the bottom of the container and so the top half was dry area for the frog to move to and I filled that with leaves.

Well this morning he was still breathing but pretty much motionless although sometimes moved in panic when I went near him. His body is also more damaged than I realised with both his front hands?? swollen and black and also blood under his body. So I rang my local vets and they said they to take him down there and they will see what they can do.

So I have taken him down there and left him there and they are going to ring me back and let me know what has happened, to be honest I don't expect good news.

Just got home and feeling quite sad, sad that I could have done more maybe.

Does anyone know what the prodecure with the vets will be, whether it be decide the frog is well enough to live or not?