Thread: Scared of male crickets?

InfInIty13X

Default Scared of male crickets?

Okay, Schloopy has had one male cricket in her cage for almost 24 hours now and she just will not eat him. I like to dump whatever male crickets I end up buying into the tank first so they will die first and cease their hellish chirping but for some reason she doesn't like eating them. She won't eat one unless she's so hungry she has no choice. If I dump some female crickets in there I'm sure she'll eat most of them first before the male.

Is it possible she is actually afraid of the cricket or it's chirping or does the cricket emit some sort of panic pheromone or something? The cricket isn't too large for her to eat either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Scared of male crickets?

This is the first time I have ever heard any thing like this. Could this be just your imagination?

InfInIty13X

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    This is the first time I have ever heard any thing like this. Could this be just your imagination?
    It might be my imagination. I noticed her stalking the cricket last night but it is still in there to this second. Maybe I will dump one or two females in there and see what happens. She may just be glutted out from the other crickets she ate a few days ago before I cleaned out the tank.

into

I've noticed once and a while my GTFs shy away from their crickets and then they don't get to eat that night because I have nothing else to offer them. Is it possible that in the wild they eat a lot of smaller insects and sometimes crickets are too much for them? My guys usually only eat 1 medium/large sized cricket a night.. once and a while 2, but this is rare. My GTFs are still juveniles.

Thread Information