Thread: Redleg or I'm just over reacting??

gtr319

Default Redleg or I'm just over reacting??

Hey guys, my WTF was super nosy and active... and when she pass by in front of me just an hour ago, I noticed that her tummy and her thigh area is kinda pinkish red... I looked it up and fear that she may have redleg desease... judge by the picture, do you guys think I am over reacting? Her appetite was the same as last week, but she is more active these few days... what do you guys think??
    Attached Images Attached Images         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: Redleg or I'm just over reacting??

Youre mainly just showing that muscle that's showing through the skin. And the belly and leg off white kinda looks normal. It's not going to be pure white, pinkish white is fine. Redleg is going to look more like a series if small scrapes, and very raw looking. And with red leg they're not active or eating. And they lay in water allot, if u don't have all the other signs, it's fine. I heard redleg progresses very quickly and it starts with the signs first.

You're not alone, at bottom of this is more matching threads, some with pictures. I thaught the same thing when I got my baby, but it turns out babies are a little more clearskin than adults and hasnt developed the white on legs

4. This member thanks Leefrogs for this post:

gtr319

She is in her water bowl every night since she settled in the tank a few months back... but I found out that she is in her water bowl during day time as well... should I be worried or she is just thirsty?

Leefrogs

Hmm, do u mean like when sun up she's still in there for a couple hours? My new one does that, like she's still on store hours, 10 am to 8p. But if she's gettng up to get to water, then that's unusual. I've only seen one pict of red leg, and it was really red. Like a bad sun burn.
    If she's eating good and moving round it's probably fine.

Anyone else see something abnormal in Picts ?

gtr319

yeah, shes moving here and there... but i just want to make sure... she is dear to me^^

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Her legs don't look abnormal to me at all, in fact they look just like mine's legs and he's healthy as a horse!

I wouldn't worry too much unless you start to notice other behavioral signs. If she stops eating and is less active, get her checked out by a vet, but for now I'd say she's healthy and you're just scared. XD

Don't worry, everyone gets freaked out over the tiniest changes, but frogs can be difficult like that if you let them be. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

bshmerlie

I think she looks fine. New frog owners are always worried. I think the frogs do things on purpose just to make us worry.

gtr319

@ Cheri: Because I never seen anything like this before.. lolz... I guess my WTF is just showing herself off by moving around in the tank... lolz

cmerf07

Since you have helped me i read your post and did a little research on redleg

"Acute septicemia can occur if warning signs are unnoticed or untreated. Clinical signs may be brief and extremely rapid in chronology. Bloating, ascites, anorexia, lethargy, and sometimes open sores, may be noted shortly before the onset of convulsions and sudden death. Blood hemorrhages beneath the skin may be present up to several hours a before death or may appear immediately prior to or during the agonizing convulsions. Post-mortem lesions are consistent with blood clots in the veins, spleen, and liver. Culture of the blood and internal organs of the dead animal is sanctioned to determine the pathogen if it has not been already. If caught in time, redleg disease can be treated and cured"

That is the general consensus of what a lot of the articles where sayin so according to that i think your frog is fine....dont worry(even though you've seen me obsessing with my pacman worrying too) hope this helps you friend

12. This member thanks cmerf07 for this post:

gtr319

Thx Murph!

cmerf07

not a problem! lol everyones been so helpful to me so im tryin to pay it forward(like the movie) hahahahahahah

Thread Information