Thread: Isopod cultures

Rocko

Default Isopod cultures

Who do you all buy isopod (woodlice) cultures from?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Small Pet Feeders

Default Re: Isopod cultures

kevinp

no. buy nothing from this company. months and months of problems , re-sends and more problems. still owes me products and hasn't tried to complete the order. this person feels being a 'nice guy' is more important than being a legit business man. there are plenty of other people to order from.

Quote Originally Posted by Small Pet Feeders View Post

Small Pet Feeders

? Resends and more problems? So you're saying that there was an issue with your order, and we replaced it, yet there were more problems? Contact me via email if you're interested in getting it solved, as I was unaware of your dissatisfaction.

EDIT: This was an unusual client, to which we've replaced multiple large orders for. For other's reading this, if you're looking to get an issue solved by a vendor, you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar, and even after replacing several shipments for Mr. Peske, he's continuing his campaign against us unfortunately. When you buy with Small Pet Feeders, we guarantee the quality of our feeders, and will replace any unsuitable shipment for our clients. And even though Kevin continues to slander us, we will still be replacing certain items to see if there is any way to please him.

And yes, I am a nice guy, and I do feel being a nice guy goes hand in hand with being a "legit business man", as I treat people like I would want to be treated. Of course, you can't please everyone, which is obvious in Kevin's case, but we are a company of hobbyists with a love for our pets, not a traditional brick-and-mortar store. We're always here to answer questions and love to help, so if anyone has any questions please feel free to click the Live Chat button on the website :-)

-Dave
    SPF

kevinp

you are a liar. 1 reshippment. get the facts straight before you spout of at the mouth.

an unuasual client is one that expects to get what he ordered ? nicef. note i have all emails and orders to back up what i am about to say. first this man is lieing . he replaced one order of springtails..6 cultures. no springs. he contacted me and said he put his cultures on heat tape and they crashed. these were from a first order that was never completed. at this point he owed me for 2 microworm cultures and he had sent aold reptiworm of the wrong size. he decided to send that size even though it wasn't what i ordered about 10 live ones. so i was waiting on the springs and decided to try him again and he said he'd send all my stuff in the next package . i ordered and paid for 28 cups with lids and some pinhead crickets. i got 7 cups and lids , no crickets . the 6 resent springs only had life in 2 containers..barely any life at that. the mantis ooth yeilded only 11 mantis.

he only replaced pnce , i never even mentioned any more problems cuz i just want done with him. like i said he confuses friendliness with proffesionalism. he will let you order things he doesn't have just to tie up your money. eventually having to get the same things from other vendors cuz you need them, and they aren't coming anytime quickly from this guy.

kevinp

i just recieved an email from dave and he says he won't fill my order that i paid for because i told the truth about him and that's not nice.

to the forum and mods, sorry if this isn't the place for this. i couldn't stand by and watch him scam someone else without saying something. i am willing to forward all emails to a mod about this to verify the truth of my words.

Small Pet Feeders

*sigh* I just didn't respond to your insults in the email you sent me. You can't talk to people like you did, calling names, making threats, and expect a positive response, Kevin. That's all that email was about. Come on dude, you're accusing me of cheating you out of PLASTIC CUPS and a few crickets??? For real man?

I've replied to you with a more positive email, and am seeking civil reconciliation of this matter, but honestly if anyone reading this treats vendors like coke machines that they kick till a coke comes out isn't really people I like working with, and there are plenty of other vendors who would love to have your business there. I prefer to deal with people who can be civil, kind, and see little difference between being "kind" and being "professional", as I feel both are closely linked.

This just goes to show that we can't please everyone, but if you want to work with someone who will make sure you're happy, whether that be the tons of extras we send out every week with boxes, or just someone who will communicate with you like a person, I'm your guy. And Small Pet Feeders is your company.

We're not perfect, but we definitely strive to be everyday. And yes, shipping delays happen as keeping a highly varied livestock is difficult as you have to keep everything constantly replenished, and that is not an easy task. So shipping delays can happen, but if you need your order in a quick hurry, there are multiple ways of getting ahold of us to light the fires underneath us that need to be lit should your situation demand it.

SPF is a specialty feeder store, and we try to offer a little of everything. We work hard to meet the demands of our clients, but we ask that only those who can be civil and kind to seek working with us, as we will treat you with the same kindness and concern and don't want to be treated adversely to that.

Thanks everyone for all your continued support! Amy and I really appreciate it, especially during difficult situations such as this.

I'm hoping a past client will chime in a good word for us here, but either way, we're an open book, if you'd like to know more about us, just ask.

-Dave
    SPF

kevinp

you sir are a fraud. you take money for things you don't have and then tell them you don't have it after the fact.then you say you're trying to work it out. if you were an honest business man you wouldn't charge to peoples accounts things that you don't have. i came on here and gave a truthful statement to respond to you trying to scam another person.. you responded with lies saying you replaced several large orders for me. this is a lie.all the orders you remember sending are all the things you sold me but really didn't have and wanted me to wait for while you already have my money and i need that stuff for my animals. i can prove what i said. can you ..no , cause nothing you've said has any basis in reality.

i see you removed my name from your post. however i screen saved it. you posted my personal info that you got off my credit card. thats not anyway to treat your customers nice guy.

you can say that you aren't trying to beat me out of cups and crix, but your actions, or lack there of show something different than what's coming out of your mouth. most scammers and frauds are 'nice' guys, that's how they sucker people.

did you or did you not send me an email on april 21st stating you would have pinheads the following weds. ? did i get them ? you keeep saying you're a good guy and all, all i and everyone else sees is a liar. simple. you may say thats calling you names, its not , it's stating a simple truth.

you have lied to me and to this forum. you seem to have no understanding that when people order things for their animals they need it when they order it. these items are purchased by people who care deeply for their animals..a fact you seem to not care about as you take your time sending things and selling things you don't have.

Wasatchtrops

Quote Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
    you sir are a fraud. you take money for things you don't have and then tell them you don't have it after the fact.then you say you're trying to work it out. if you were an honest business man you wouldn't charge to peoples accounts things that you don't have. i came on here and gave a truthful statement to respond to you trying to scam another person.. you responded with lies saying you replaced several large orders for me. this is a lie.all the orders you remember sending are all the things you sold me but really didn't have and wanted me to wait for while you already have my money and i need that stuff for my animals. i can prove what i said. can you ..no , cause nothing you've said has any basis in reality.

i see you removed my name from your post. however i screen saved it. you posted my personal info that you got off my credit card. thats not anyway to treat your customers nice guy.

you can say that you aren't trying to beat me out of cups and crix, but your actions, or lack there of show something different than what's coming out of your mouth. most scammers and frauds are 'nice' guys, that's how they sucker people.

did you or did you not send me an email on april 21st stating you would have pinheads the following weds. ? did i get them ? you keeep saying you're a good guy and all, all i and everyone else sees is a liar. simple. you may say thats calling you names, its not , it's stating a simple truth.

you have lied to me and to this forum. you seem to have no understanding that when people order things for their animals they need it when they order it. these items are purchased by people who care deeply for their animals..a fact you seem to not care about as you take your time sending things and selling things you don't have.
    I personally don't believe anyone who doesn't know how the use punctuation, or capitalization. You sound like a 10 year old troll. You obviously don't know how a business is run, or how to reconcile differences with vendors. You have gone on someone's thread and hijacked it, again, the actions of a 10 year old.... Pretty immature on your part 'Kevin'. Why are you scared for people to know your name? Grow up

To the OP, I could probably set you up with a few cultures of isopods. I have whites, greys, dwarf purples, and giant oranges. Send me a pm if interested, as I'm sure Kevin will continue to hijack your thread....

Gabriel Wauson

kevinp

you're a shill and if you have nothing positive to add to this situation can mind your own business i answered truthfully , apparently something niether of you have an understanding of. for you to equate my lack of typing skills for being unhonest shows a complete lack of logic on your behalf. i didn't hijack a thread, i tried to protect a forum member from doing business with a fraud. that you stick up for a fraud and attack me unprovoked is a sure sign you're in bed with this person. you know nothing of what happened but want to interject. perhaps you should look to your own childish ways .

Small Pet Feeders

Wow Kevin, over some plastic cups and crickets? Please calm down and email me what you feel we owe you so Dan and I can get it out with Monday's shipments and add a bit of peace to this world?

I haven't read your postings, as they start off just absurdly mean hearted, and I won't allow that bad energy you have built up inside you to enter my reality. But I will be as I always have and be ready to make things square with you, provided you can speak to me like a person and not kick me like a coke machine not giving you your coke.

I hope you find some peace, Kevin.

J Teezy

Quote Originally Posted by Small Pet Feeders View Post
    Wow Kevin, over some plastic cups and crickets? Please calm down and email me what you feel we owe you so Dan and I can get it out with Monday's shipments and add a bit of peace to this world?

I haven't read your postings, as they start off just absurdly mean hearted, and I won't allow that bad energy you have built up inside you to enter my reality. But I will be as I always have and be ready to make things square with you, provided you can speak to me like a person and not kick me like a coke machine not giving you your coke.

I hope you find some peace, Kevin.
    I'm not taking sides on this but i will say this. If in fact he was shorted plastic cups, it seems like you are trying to say he's going off to much just because it was only plastic cups. It shouldn't matter if it was a plastic cup or a $100 frog, missing items you paid for is missing an item regardless of what it is. Again i'm not taking a stance on who's telling the truth or not, just giving my opinion because from the post here it seems that you are trying to lower his argument because the item was just some plastic cups and crickets.

I will say this as well. If you are able to fill some orders for people because you run out of stock and have to wait for more, then you should have a quantity available listing next to the products on the website kind of like Josh's frogs does because if i go to a site that says they sell xyz product and it allows me to put it in my shopping cart then i'm under the impression it's in stock. I too would be upset if i ordered feeders for my animals and come to find out when my shipment came i didn't have some of what i ordered, because as stated above alot of people rely on that stuff to come and if they paid for it with no notification that the product was out of stock or on backorder when I bought then i'd expect it to be in my shipment.

Yes things happen, cultures crash, something happens in shipping, etc, etc.

Again i'm not taking anyones side here just posting my thoughts from what i've read here.

Every business has some customers who weren't happy and some who were extremely happy and thanks to the internet you are going to hear from both said customers. It's up to the person reading the comments to decide who's thoughts about the company to believe or let sway their decisions.

Good luck to the both of you hopefully you can work out the situation

Small Pet Feeders

I do agree that shorted is shorted, what I was referring to was the extremity and degree at which he was reacting made me feel like I kidnapped his mother lol. I just feel there is no need to insult as I'm a very reasonable guy and give extras or free stuff on the regular to our clients, but when I was doing Small Pet Feeders on my own there for the first 6 months of startup, it was frankly overwhelming to keep up with the demand single-handedly, and that led to my situation with Kevin unfortunately, whether he's an extreme personality or not that was my fault.

We now have a new SPF Team Member, Dan, who has been helping with the labor and packing end of the business, giving me a chance to pay more attention to the infrastructure, like the website. I would REALLY like to incorporate an accurate stocking system, it's just honestly very hard to do when working with bulk live stock, because you have die-off, escapees, over-counts, too many angles to guess just how many crickets are in that bin. However, if you have a system you could recommend, I would really be all ears. I do plan on regulating the stocks of the "isolated livestock" like pods, cultures, stuff of that nature very soon, and this thread will give me a bit more motivation to hurry it up.

I do appreciate your constructive criticism, and didn't mean to make light of the fact that I owe something, just was pointing out the degree of his response. Rest assured that despite his behavior, I'm sure Kevin and I will reach an amicable solution.

-Dave
    SPF

J Teezy

i don't know how to implement a stock system but if it were me i'd probably do something like this. If i had for example 10 springtail cultures ready for sale, i'd only list on the site that i had 5, that way if something happened i'd have backup. I'd make sure i always had a security stock on hand and never out too much at a time. Sell some, build stock, sell some, build stock.

Good luck with your business! i'm sure you guys will work it out hopefully

Customer service always comes first on my list when i look to deal with people. I usually buy all my supplies from Josh's because of the great service they have always provided me. They sent me the wrong type of heat mat once and next day ship the right one out to me and let me keep the wrong one they sent me. Online chat is always a bonus to have. Being able to talk to someone right then and there with your questions and get instant feedback is great. And they will give advice on anything from their products they sell to anything else you have questions about dealing with frogs

Small Pet Feeders

I don't want to further hijack this thread. I'll be PM'ing you Josh :-) Thanks for adding some neutrality to the matter, it's very conducive to finding common ground between two parties. Thank you.

-Dave
    SPF

J Teezy

yes i should probably answer the OP here as well

many sites sellisopods

josh's frogs
    black jungle
    bugs in cyberspace

lots and lots of vendors out there

I personally have only purchased bugs from Josh's. FF cultures and springtails to start my own cultures with. My experience was great

Thread Information