Thread: Giant or Dwarf?

NR47362

Default Giant or Dwarf?

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if this is a dwarf or giant. I bought it as a giant but i want to be 100% sure so i thought i would ask some experts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Chomp

Default Re: Giant or Dwarf?

Its a Giant. Looking like a female. Also a little obese. Try not to feed to much.

NR47362

I thought it was but this is my first African bull frog so Im not to good at telling them apart yet.

lol we need to get that guy a biggest loser!
    African Bullfrogs, Clawed Frogs, Salamanders, Newts, Bearded Dragons,

NR47362

He honestly doesn't eat a lot. He is very picky about his menu. Prefers super worms but an occasional roach or pinky.

Kevin1

Females tend to have a very obese appearance due to their smaller head to body ratio. how big is this frog? (SVL)

Roman

I have a male that is 4.5 inches and they look similar. Both my males seem to have the "tiny" head syndrome I actually thought they all were women until I was studying late one night and they started calling back and forth to each other.
    It was a trip! I thought I was maybe hallucinating from studying all day/night. But, no... I think they were both trying to out sing each other for the eye of my underage female. lol It was like a ABF version of american idol!
    Anyway... If you would like for me to post a picture or two for your comparison let me know.

Roman

I had some time before class so, I just took the pictures anyway... As you can see the heads are rather small for the body but, they are both definitely male. I can also tell you that Leroy's head ( the larger of the two ) has started to widen out as he matures. They were both from the Frog Ranch and were tiny tots when I acquired them in late October. I surmise that Leroy's head will even out by the time he reaches 7-8 inches in length. G.O.A.F ( the smaller one ) I don't know... He's not growing at the same rate as Leroy so... who knows...
    Hope that helps you. Its a real good time watching them mature into the frogs you hoped for, enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images    

NR47362

It is about 4". It may be a male because when he is not all blown up his head looks a little more proportional to his body. I bought it as a male along with kermit my other pyxie I got about a month later but he is about 5-6 inches. Here he is....

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I'm gunna say that's a male. Not 100% but I notice it has lost it's dorsal stripe, which my female (almost 2 years old) still has! Also, when the frog isn't all puffed, the head does look a lot larger

Drizzle

The eyes also seem to be very "manly" lol. I'm def. no expert but all the eyes on males seem to have a distinct look to them compared to females when older.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Im not sure about judging the sex by the eyes... Sometimes my female will have a crazy look in her eyes just like that! She usually snaps at anything at that point too, including my kitten putting his paw on the glass!

Thread Information