Thread: RETF's

llmoe

Default RETF's

Going to be looking for about 10 Red-Eyed Leaf Frog's.. Will be happy with tads or froglets.. Located in VA.. Shipping or meet at a show.. Thanks for any info..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: RETF's

Joshs frogs might have, but maybe not 10. And u don't wana get from 2 different breeders, having to keep them seperate for soo long, quarentine for 30 days. And if u get babies u should seed springtails in your viv. It's going to be the big viv, Lil guys will need them for an aditional food source. They also clean frog poop up for u. I saw mike Novy had a post, red eye season, and showed a bunch of eggs. Go to his site rainforest junkyz, he's out of Ohio, but travels to shows. U can call him and see how long it's going to be before they're ready to go. And up by u, I think, is black jungle, they have frogs.

Leefrogs

ooppps, it was tony, I see u found that thread already. And black jungle is quite a drive. Well it's egg season, lots of babies comming soon. But with that big viv, I'm just wondering if they'll find their food. I know it's a concern for whites, I've never had reds. Maybe someone here can tell u if u need smaller enclosure till they grow up? Any1

bshmerlie

I agree Mike Novy is the best place to get them from. Also you may need something small for them as babies. You want to be able to monitor everyone to make sure they are all eating. It may be hard for them to all find food in a large tank.

llmoe

Yeah trying to get them all at once from one person.. I did it in the past with tads and they did awesome.. Got out of them years back and sold them off and gave 5 to brother which he won't part with any now.haha..

I have a 20 long tank that is set up and the tank the last ones was raised in.. they will stay in there until they get some size and get use to finding food... I will check out those others places. I can even do maybe 5 now and then 5 later and keep the newer ones in the 20long for the 30 days..

Thanks for the advice..

Lar

Leefrogs

ok you're all prepared then, sounds like u have that down. Good luck searching!!

llmoe

Oh yeah.. We had a tons of frogs back years ago.. Wife had a lil dart frog set up and we all raised RETF tads and they are did great and I was a pacman frog freak for awhile.. but breeding didn't happen much back then with frogs.. It has came so far now.. Love to get pacs and try to breed..

Thanks for all the advice

Larry

Thread Information