Thread: Okay so is this normal?

jaguilar15

Default Okay so is this normal?

Well today i was spot checking the tank and one of my frogs began to defecate. So right after he was done, i picked up his poop and I seen something hanging(not that i dissect poop), which was a worm i fed him the night before. IT was a red wigglers and i was wondering if it's normal for my frog to have eaten a worm and it came out looking exactly the same. Is this a digestion problem? Or is this normal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

spencerburgo

Default Re: Okay so is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by jaguilar15 View Post
    Well today i was spot checking the tank and one of my frogs began to defecate. So right after he was done, i picked up his poop and I seen something hanging(not that i dissect poop), which was a worm i fed him the night before. IT was a red wigglers and i was wondering if it's normal for my frog to have eaten a worm and it came out looking exactly the same. Is this a digestion problem? Or is this normal?
    i feed quite alot of earth worms and they are totally digested when the frog deficates the only food i recognise is the wings of the adult male dubia they get fed im sure someone will have an answer,

cheers spencer.................

Drizzle

Yeah sounds like a digestion problem, could be really bad! If it had stayed in his stomach it would have started to rot.

Are you providing enough heat? 80+ degrees helps them with digestion.

5. This member thanks Drizzle for this post:

jaguilar15

I think that was the problem, it was the heat problem. The heating pad isn't producing enough heat for them. I have my heat pad on the side only because it says to put it on the side if the table is on top on a table. DO you think It's fine for me to put the heat pad under? I think it is a heat problem. It was digested, but there was a worm that was not digested

jjmorton13

Side mounted under tank heaters are close to useless when it comes to increasing ambient temperature or substrate temp. You should be fine with the heater under the tank. You can always put something under the tank corners to lift it off the table a bit.

Kevin1

Like others have said, It sounds like a heat problem. a light bulb wouldn't be a bad idea either.

jelkins

Place the heat-mat under your enclosure...They work well and I've experienced no ill-effects on my African Bullfrogs.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I have a heat pad under my 40 gal long that I keep on during the winter months (gets pretty cold in my room) and, combined with heat lamps, works great! It can dry out the substrate pretty quick though, so keep an eye on that

Thread Information