Thread: A walk around the frog room

Tony

Default A walk around the frog room

I was asked to post some pics of my vivs, but most of them are fairly simple and not that great looking so I thought I would do a quick tour of my frog room instead.

Darts and plants

Darts and tree frogs

Tree frogs and a few oddballs

Storage and extra plants

Snakes and Geckos

Tadpoles

A few individual vivs:

Male red eyes

Lemurs

A. annae

And a work in progress, 72" x 18" x 30" (about 170 gallons). I will probably use it for my
    A. annae, they need more space than the Exo Terra gives them.

2. This member thanks Tony for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

poison beauties

Default Re: A walk around the frog room

Nice, who makes your vivs? Are you interested in selling off those Lemurs dirt cheap?

Michael

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by poison beauties View Post
    Nice, who makes your vivs? Are you interested in selling off those Lemurs dirt cheap?

Michael
    No lemurs for you!

pez

Nice! I would love having Hylomantis lemur (those are you lemurs right?) but they are incredibly hard to find. A. annae are beatiful frogs, I got some tadpoles of them.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by pez View Post
    Nice! I would love having Hylomantis lemur (those are you lemurs right?) but they are incredibly hard to find. A. annae are beatiful frogs, I got some tadpoles of them.
    That is them, I have some pictures in my album. They are amazing little frogs, mine are from the CRARC reserve near Guayacán. Good luck with your A. annae tads, they are definitely one of my favorite frogs.

pez

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    mine are from the CRARC reserve near Guayacán. Good luck with your A. annae tads, they are definitely one of my favorite frogs.

Crarc, Costa Rican Amphibian Research Center???? I don't know any place named Guayacan in here.

Remember I can't buy those frogs in shops, I have to search them in the jungle.

A. annae are beautiful frogs, sadly their tadpoles take about a year to become froglets

Tony

Crarc, Costa Rican Amphibian Research Center???? I don't know any place named Guayacan in here.
    That is the place. They were able to get permits to harvest and export a small number of tadpoles through a Canadian dealer called Understory Enterprises, and in return they are given half of the sale price to help fund the work on the reserve.

A. annae are beautiful frogs, sadly their tadpoles take about a year to become froglets
    They shouldn't take that long, maybe your water is not warm enough. Mine started to morph at around 4 months, and my friend who originally bred them keeps his much warmer and they normally morph between 1 and 2 months for him.

clownonfire

Understory Enterprises have a small numbers left from my last contact with them. I got my vents from them (actually someone attached to UE).

Here's the link:

Understory Enterprises Inc. - Hylomantis lemur

As of February 7:

Hylomantis lemur - $235 CDN - very limited numbers

Eric

pez

In nature A. annae tadpoles last about 240 days or so to morph, and I live in an area where they are found in nature, and my water is kept at room temperature.

I asked my dad, now I know where Guayacan is.

Leefrogs

Amazing, thank u for posting your frog room. U know u have allot when u have an industerial sprayer instead of just a reg squirt bottle, and when u have 20 plants on hand JIC. So, u haven't done anything extravagent for yourself yet, like a half wall, I guess, id b like a busman's holiday. But awsome regardless

Thread Information