View Poll Results: Where did you get your pacman?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet

7 20.00%
  • Pet Store Chain (please post on the thread which Chain)

12 34.29%
  • LPS (Local Pet Store)

19 54.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your pacman? (please respond if you have a pacman)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Question Where did you get your pacman? (please respond if you have a pacman)

Hi guys! MeTree.

I was just wondering where people are getting their pacmans. I have just been able to afford a pacman with the entire setup, but I don't know where to get a pacman.

Internet Purchase: If you got it off the internet, please post how much you paid for the frog, and how much you paid for the shipping (if you want). I haven't seen any internet sites selling them for any less than $60 once the shipping is included.

Petstore Chain: A petstore chain has several locations. e.g. Petsmart, Petco, That Pet Place, etc, are all chains. If you got it from a chain, please post which chain you boght it from. I haven't been to a chain since I started my pacman research, so I don't know what stock frogs are.

LPS (Local Pet Store): A LPS is a store that is usually one-of-a-kind. It usually has 1 manager, and sometimes (but not always) has employees. These are usually considerably smaller than the major chains. Sometimes they have more than one location, but usually not.

If you would post where you got it that would be great! I am specifically looking for Green (cranwelli) pacman, but you can post where you got any of your pacmans, reguardless of species (but it would be great if you posted the species of the pacman).

Thanks for your perticipation!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

85MkIISupRa

Default Re: Where did you get your pacman? (please respond if you have a pacman)

I got my albino at a local reptile show, and my brown at that fish place and my green at petsmart. Petsmart i think is the cheapest there only 14.99 plus tax. Mine are all healthy and growing fast. Hope that helps

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: Where did you get your pacman? (please respond if you have a pacman)

Petsmart had a green cranwelli!?

Man, I am so sad. My nearest Petsmart is 55 minutes away, and I was going to go today, but I had to take down a wall at my house. I haven't been to any pet stores in a long time.

I forgot to add "reptile show" to the list. It seems that alot of people here get their frogs at reptile shows. I have never heard of one in Texas, but I guess I haven't really searched.

Thank you for your perticipation!

85MkIISupRa

I was shocked to they had a green one. Your best bet is to call before hand and see if they have any in stock and if they have green, that way you dont waste your time and go down and they dont have any. Im pretty sure they have a repticon in texas. Pasadena TX june 25th and 26th. There is a reptile show around my area once a month and the pacs usually range from 20 bucks and up but you can always talk them down.

Nationality
    [United States]

So you have to pay to get into the repticon thing? Is it an auction type deal, or a vender type deal, or a "buy it while I got it" kind of deal?

85MkIISupRa

Yes you usually have to pay to get in, im not to sure how much it is over there but its 13 where im at. Its a bunch of vendors there that sell reptiles and supplies. Its good if you want to get stuff you usually dont see at local shops. If your main goal is to just get a green pacman i would go the petsmart route. But if you wanna see cool animals and need to pick up some supplies i suggest going to repticon.

gtr319

@ 85MkIISupra: u r lucky... last time I called 2 petsmart near my house and work, the claimed to have green ones, but once I got there, its freaking BROWN! I finally bumped into Big Mac from a LPC, but found out that the green on Carnwelli won't stay... kinda bumped, but I am still happy that I got my green Carnwelli even though it will not be like this for a very very long time...

iatakden

sad to say it but PetsMart . They always have good looking Frogs .

Nationality
    [United Kingdom]

I got my Ornate Pacman from exoticpets.co.uk, I think it was about £42.00 with £20.00 delivery, so overall around £60.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by iatakden View Post
    sad to say it but PetsMart . They always have good looking Frogs .
    Sounds great! Why is that sad? Is there anything wrong with Petsmart (I am just asking because I don't know)? I have only shopped there for fish, so I wouldn't know what condition they keep the rest of their animals in.

Thanks for all your responses! It is neat to see where people get their pacmans from.

iatakden

Nothing wrong with PetsMart at all , just seems like most people have been getting from LPS. And well where i live its hard to find one of those , so i always have to shop at the same borning place.

Animalnstinct

I picked up my 2 browns from petco, albino locally, and my ornate and green from LLL Reptile.

LouEmbling

Petsathome has a bad reputation in the uk for their animal care. I have rescued several hermit crabs being kept in awful conditions.
    I am based in the UK and exotic pets are a reputable supplier as mentioned previously in this thread. I have built up a relationship with a family run reptile and amphibian centre near me so I keep in touch by phone or in person to keep updated on what's on their supplier list. If they are aware of what I'm looking for then when it comes up in the list as available they know to pick it up for me.

quinten

ik heb die van mij op een reptielenbeurs gekocht

TypingMonkey

I was trying to find an albino pacman for months at the local and chain pet stores and couldn't find one until the reptile show came to town, I was finally able to purchase one for 20 bucks.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey guys. Announcement. You guys can keep doing the survey and posting on this thread. I just wanted to say (since I brought it up earlier) that my LFS has agreed to notify me when they get a GPF sometime early this summer. Hopefully I will be checking the "LPS" box on the pole soon.. If you want to follow the issue you can view the thread in my signature.

Thank you all for the imput on the forum!

connor111699

A LPS that's called "The Reptile Store", might have to go pick up some or all of the other 6 in a bit

Nationality
    [United States]

Haha, this is an old thread! It's nice to be reminded every once and awhile about my beginnings as a Pacman Frog owner. Sometimes it's funny to see how far we've come over the years.

lovenokia

Got a green pacman frog from pets art, given the wrong instructions at the same time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [United States]

I got my 3 at heartland pets in the mall, but they had them housed wrong and my Bruiser had tetany.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information