View Poll Results: Where did you get your pacman?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet

7 20.00%
  • Pet Store Chain (please post on the thread which Chain)

12 34.29%
  • LPS (Local Pet Store)

19 54.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your pacman? (please respond if you have a pacman)

connor111699

Default Re: Where did you get your pacman? (please respond if you have a pacman)

Haha, I wanted to bring it back out of interest of where people get their froggies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

trd1215

Default Re: Where did you get your pacman? (please respond if you have a pacman)

C. Cornuta from Indoherp local person here in Miami.
    Super Red Ornate from Samurai Japan @ Daytona reptile show

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

4 Of mine came from a local Petsmart that actually carries healthy Pacman Frogs, but usually houses them incorrectly. The other 4 came from Mike's Phat Frogs.

Nationality
    [United States]

3 came from Pet Supplies Plus, 3 different stores -- my big ornate, one albino, one green apple
    1 came from Petsmart (green Cranwelli)
    1 came from Petco (brown Cranwelli)
    2 came from an online supplier (fantasy, brown Cranwelli)
    2 came from a different online supplier (ornate, brown Cranwelli)
    4 came from Mike's Phat Frogs (2 Caatinga, 2 albinos)

lovenokia

Do online suppliers have good frogs? I am thinking about getting a African bullfrog online,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [United States]

That depends entirely on which supplier you are talking about. I have heard good stories and I have heard ones about DOA frogs or unhealthy frogs. Try looking through the recommendations section of this forum. Also, be prepared for the shipping costs. Shipping a live animal is expensive! You will most likely pay more on shipping than the cost of the frog.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

I have owned a total of 8 Horned Frogs among other things. The first one I ever purchased was from a Pet Expo. It was about tennis ball size and was only fifteen dollars, turned out to become a very large female. I was misinformed by the guy at the shop, who told me to make the consistency of the eco earth a very muddy consistency, that need to be changed weekly. Of course poop was hard to find in a mud puddle and after a week it became very smelly, I soon switched to gravel with moss over it (you dont have to say it) I later purchased one more from the same store on a whim a couple months later, which grew into a nice sized male.
    I ordered my first albino shortly thereafter from LLLReptile along with a tarantula and i think without shipping it was about $25, maybe. It was nickel sized, healthy and grew into a nice sized male.

That was over ten years ago and I would still have them today if they werent killed when I left them in someone elses care while away from home for a week. I had them on bare bottom enclosures and told the guy to change the water if they pooped or every other day. Turned out he had some medication/mental health problems and allowed the enclosures to go completely dry and my frogs became dessicated.

A few years later I purchased a $15 pacman from Petco. The frog ate a total of 15 times in a one and a half year period.

More recently I bought a Fantasy, an albino and two greens from Reptile City. Not recommended. hey shipped it USPS on a Friday for Monday delivery...there was a DOA, he replaced it and I will never order from that terrible drop shipper again. I spent about $105 on five frogs and got free shipping (the shipping was free cause it was sent USPS.) Do NOT order ANYTHING from this company, ever.
    I more recently ordered an African Bullfrog, a brown pac, and an Ornate from Underground reptiles and despite a mishap resulting in a DOA, Im pleased with my order. The prices were great, the brown was $14, and the Ornates were $22.50, the african bullfrog was $22, fedex overnight shipping, which is the only way reptiles and amphibians should be shipped was about $53 which is pretty standard.

I highly recommend LLLReptile and Underground Reptiles, as well as Eric Ivans of South Central Herpetological. BigApple herp is alright too, but you might get the wrong species of frog....
    Shipping is expensive so its not really worth it unless you are buying around five or so frogs. Locally I could pay anywhere from $30 to $40 for a Green Pacman, $40 to $50 for an albino and an African Bullfrog can cost around $50, and I have never seen an Ornate in a MN petshop EVER, so the prices I pay for several frogs plus shipping still comes out a WAY better deal where I live.

9. This member thanks Ra for this post:

lovenokia

So pretty much if I want an African Bullfrog I should get from LLLReptiles or Underground Reptiles. Thanks for the elaborate response.

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Or a local pet store if you can find one. I suggest those two places because they are places I have experience with. Places to avoid would be reptiles&Critters, Backwater Reptiles, General Exotics and of course Reptile City. Avoid any company that doesnt have a telephone number or a physical address. For instance, Reptile City, who drop ships their reptiles has a Texas address that they claim is a large facility with acres of outdoor facilities and a large warehouse facility. They claim to have had this for years. I google mapped the address of this location and its an empty field on a country texas road. Maybe it got torn down when they moved to Florida...But the Florida address is just the guys house. MAYBE he ships a few reptiles from his house, but its pretty well known that they are in fact a drop shipper. They also claim to have huge warehouses with hundreds of animals, maybe somebody does, but it isnt him. I can't remember the name of the company that actually ships their animals for them, but I do remember they have a pretty bad BBB profile with several complaints and I think a grade F as well.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

LLL reptile has some nice ones in their stores right now. I might be bringing them albino bullfrogs and tomato frog babies soon. If I see them in the store I will let you know. I won't be breeding pyxies for atleast another year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovenokia View Post
    So pretty much if I want an African Bullfrog I should get from LLLReptiles or Underground Reptiles. Thanks for the elaborate response.

lovenokia

Your pm inbox is full, I was interested in getting an ornate pacman, and you wanted to see a pic of the samurai super red, but you never showed me one...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nationality
    [Canada]

i saved mine from a stupid guy who wanted to threw poor frog along with substrate to the garbage.
    not sure what should I vote for in a poll

totally jealous of those of you who live in US and can order frogs and stuff online.

connor111699

Ikr! ^

IvoryReptiles

We have acquired frogs from all of the above & more. Most of what we have now are animals we have bred. Our founding pair came from 2 sources.....a local pet shop where we knew the owner & employees well and the other from a friend who had the frog for over 3 years herself.

lumpbump

Quote Originally Posted by MeTree View Post
    Petsmart had a green cranwelli!?

Man, I am so sad. My nearest Petsmart is 55 minutes away, and I was going to go today, but I had to take down a wall at my house. I haven't been to any pet stores in a long time.

I forgot to add "reptile show" to the list. It seems that alot of people here get their frogs at reptile shows. I have never heard of one in Texas, but I guess I haven't really searched.

Thank you for your perticipation!
    I got mine at petco. Cranwell albino. Repticon.com is a good reptile/amphibian convention site. They will be in houston and dallas in november.

connor111699

I absolutely love this thread!

Pluke

I got all three of mine at the Taylor Reptile Expo.

Frogsaurus

I purchased mine at a local trade show from a reliable vendor who answered my questions and gave me plenty of info! Gobul has been growing well and seems very healthy although recently his appetite has decreased which is making alarm bells go off in my view.

Danielle01

I got mine at PetSmart originally costs 16.14 plus tax

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

I got my Horned Frog from Petco @ $25.00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information