Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Baby Blue!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: New Baby Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Yeah I mean, I have my big healthy Indonesian whites that eats as soon as the bugs hit the ground, but this will be my second blue phase, and they always seem to come younger, I guess cause people snatch them up so quickly. While my current one is maaaaaaybe 2 inches right now, the first one I had was thumbnail sized and never ate. That did not end well inspite of my efforts. I am beginning to think food size matters greatly, especially since I suspect the blue ones might be from the shallow end of the gene pool and harbor some difficulties.
    Oh no...D: I'm sorry to hear that. >< I won't be feeding him anymore big ones, I thought he'd be ok but maybe I was wrong and his body his having trouble processing it. If he doesn't eat by tomorrow night I'll try the pedialite you suggested. Did you mean the stuff you buy in the store for babies? O: I've never heard of using that on frogs before...O:
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rocko

Buy the unflavored kind for babies. I think the ratio is 10 of water to one of pedialyte you should mix. But to be sure do a search here somebody has the ratio. It's meant for lethargic frogs that are either dehydrated or undernourished but people have mentioned it seems to stimulate appetite as well.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    Buy the unflavored kind for babies. I think the ratio is 10 of water to one of pedialyte you should mix. But to be sure do a search here somebody has the ratio. It's meant for lethargic frogs that are either dehydrated or undernourished but people have mentioned it seems to stimulate appetite as well.
    Alright thanks. I'll do a search and figure out what the ratio is, just in case.

Thanks for the help! I'll keep this thread updated on Mr. Wayne's progress. I got one frog through the fight of his life, I can do it again! D<
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Dog Shrink

Something else to keep in mind if you suspect lil dude is backed up a bit is movement makes movements so a lil more activity in his life should help him with a difficult bowel movement.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Shrink View Post
    Something else to keep in mind if you suspect lil dude is backed up a bit is movement makes movements so a lil more activity in his life should help him with a difficult bowel movement.
    Yeah that's true. It seems like he likes to poop right after he's moved about the tank a bit. A warm soak is always helpful for impaction as well, but hopefully that won't freak him out too much. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Hey guys I know this is totally forgotten now but I just wanted to update and let everyone know that Mr. Wayne has started eating again without the introduction of pedialite. I took him out for a moment this evening to measure him and put him back in with some crickets and saw him eat one with my own eyes so it looks like he was just adjusting after all. Just letting you all know. ^ ^ Thanks for reading.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Dog Shrink

YAY for eating... I was hioping it was just his settling in period you measured him and didn't bother to post the measurements? Shame Thanks for the update.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

YAY for eating... I was hioping it was just his settling in period you measured him and didn't bother to post the measurements? Shame Thanks for the update.
    Actually I did post them! The pictures are in my Litoria Caerulea album, you should go check 'em out! The size difference is astounding. >>
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Dog Shrink

Wow the size difference is pretty amazing. I bet lil master wayne will be catching up in no time

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Wow the size difference is pretty amazing. I bet lil master wayne will be catching up in no time
    Haha I like that you called him "Master Wayne" it reminds me of Alfred, his butler. XD

But yeah I can't wait until he's big enough so that they can live together. I need at least one White's that climbs after all...>>
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

My God...That is a gorgeous frog! I envy your luck with finding these different color morphs!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarosaurus View Post
    My God...That is a gorgeous frog! I envy your luck with finding these different color morphs!
    Hahaha, why thank you! Actually noq that s/he is older her/his color has changed pretty significantly. It hasn't been that particular shade of blue for a while, but s/he'll go anywhere from light turqoise to deep purple. I'm just lucky I guess. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Share some of that luck with me? I still have not heard anything more about the blue eyed Whites from our rep. Hopefully this dealer comes up with them soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information