Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Baby Blue!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default New Baby Blue!

Hey guys, I know this is a little sudden but I found myself a baby blue white's tree frog. It looks like those snooty people at Prehistoric Pets came through after all.

He's just a little guy, nearly an inch long, but hopefully he'll grow quickly so I can put him in with Bruce in the next two months or so.

Here are some pictures of the little guy, he was pretty blue in store but once I got him home he turned a much darker purple color, enjoy!

0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: New Baby Blue!

wow, that was quick!! You found a local one!! 2 inches, hopefully shell catch up soon. Thaught ud wait till u could mount mushrooms, and make her a pretty viv. When u said supplies i didnt know u meant another frog!!! Lol Lol

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Nice, Bruce should love having a new tank mate :-)

spankyg

Just beautiful

bshmerlie

Congrats on the new frog. Have you named him yet?

clownonfire

The Bruces of this world are rejoicing. Great name!

So... Bruce Campbell and now Bruce Wayne. Which will be the next Bruce?

Congrats, he's beautiful.

spankyg

You have to make it Bruce Lee
    haha

Nationality
    [New Zealand]

Congrats Kisa. Very cute little guy. .

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    wow, that was quick!! You found a local one!! 2 inches, hopefully shell catch up soon. Thaught ud wait till u could mount mushrooms, and make her a pretty viv. When u said supplies i didnt know u meant another frog!!! Lol Lol
    I know! I had literally called Prehistoric that morning to ask them about my name and number on the list and the girl told me the people who deal with that stuff probably wouldn't be in until today, so I was a little depressed. Then a little while later after I had invited some friends over for a movie I got a phone call about six new baby white's that had just come to the store and I was free to come look at them. The girl on the phone was actually nice for once. :/

I almost didn't find this little guy, he was wedged between two other babies and I had to pick them up to get them out of the way so I could see him, but when I pulled him out he was the most beautiful blue color I'd ever seen. Me and my friends knew this was exactly what I was looking for. I'm so lucky I found one! The people at the store didn't even know what they had. XD

I'm going to see what I can do with those mushrooms when they get here, but for now little Bruce Wayne is gonna sit in a quarantine tank until he gets big and strong so he can join B. Campbell. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

@ Don: Haha yep, as soon as he's big enough that is. XD I want to avoid that "frog-eat-frog" situation at all costs. >>

@ Spankyg: Thanks, I found him stunning when I pulled him out of that tank. As soon as I held him in my hand I knew I couldn't leave without him. ^ ^ And that's kinda funny, at first I was planning on getting three or more White's and I was going to name them (in order) Bruce Campbell (check), Bruce Wayne (check), Bruce Willis, and Bruce Lee. XD Now I find I don't really have the room for all four unfortunately, but these two will do just fine for now. ^ ^

@ Eric: Thanks Eric! Actually I think this is going to be it for the Bruce's, at least for a little while. With ordering my P. Tomopterna my house is gonna be full of frogs!

@ Cheri: I picked out his name a LONG time ago. XD Back in December before I even got the first Bruce. This little guy is christened Bruce Wayne! We're going to be referring to them by their last name's to avoid confusion. Campbell and Wayne...Wayne...Campbell. Has anyone else seen Wayne's World? >> Haha XD

@ Ebony: Thanks Ebony I'm really excited. ^ ^

And now picture time!

I took these this morning, I had to wake him up but it was totally worth it. ^ ^ Look at that beautiful blue color! I can't believe I was so lucky. XD
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

spankyg

Amazing, he's actually really blue.. and he's got that big white mark on his shoulder(or is that just his stomach?),, either way.. no doubt one of the best looking Whites I've seen Brit.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spankyg View Post
    Amazing, he's actually really blue.. and he's got that big white mark on his shoulder(or is that just his stomach?),, either way.. no doubt one of the best looking Whites I've seen Brit.
    Isn't he!? It was pure luck that I found him hiding behind that other baby white's in the box. Thank you so much! I'm really stoked that I actually FOUND him, I'm still a little amazed that he is this blue and healthy looking, seeing the state of some of the other animals in that store...>> Yeah that white mark extends from his ear to his arm and isn't a part of his stomach. It tripped me out at first because I'd never seen it on a white's before, but it really makes his color stand out. ^ ^
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

brnbear

Oh I am so jealous! He is so cool! I have to get a blue one haha, I have two whites myself, neither are blue...both are cute though...but I want a blue to add a little more "exoticness" to my frog family, haha. How do they end up blue? Is it just a genetic thingy?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brnbear View Post
    Oh I am so jealous! He is so cool! I have to get a blue one haha, I have two whites myself, neither are blue...both are cute though...but I want a blue to add a little more "exoticness" to my frog family, haha. How do they end up blue? Is it just a genetic thingy?
    I heard somewhere (sorry I don't remember the exact source) that the blue coloration comes from a regular green White's that is missing the yellow pigment in it's skin that makes it green. So a green White's is just a blue White's with the yellow pigment, if this theory is true. You do have to breed them specially, which is why they're hard to find. It was pure luck that I picked him up when I did. XD

And thanks for the compliment, I'm really excited about this. I had nearly given up on blue, since no breeders I found online carry them and they're harder to find than most frogs. Just keep your eyes open and you'll find one eventually. They're quite beautiful.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

More pictures! I'm gonna beat this dead horse. XD

You can really see his blue coloration in these shots, and his pretty golden eyes stand out perfectly against the color of his skin. ^ ^

The top two shots are him in my boyfriend's hand and the bottom one is me holding him. He hadn't gotten a good look at him yet so I cheated and let him hold him for a little while, but I promise to leave him alone from now on! ><
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Rocko

If you don't mind my asking how's it eating?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Wow, the new Bruce is just awesome.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    If you don't mind my asking how's it eating?
    Actually he's eating great! I was just about to ask a question about that in fact. I put some crickets into his tank last night and by the morning he had eaten all but one, then tonight I think I gave him a little too much and he's eating them like he was starved to death. XD

I'm really glad he started eating right off the bat, that was a worry of mine when getting a new baby. He's also pooping well, his eyes are bright and he is very active and alert. I think he's perfectly healthy as of now, which is a big weight off my shoulders.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonLisk View Post
    Wow, the new Bruce is just awesome.
    Thanks Don! Again, I was so lucky to find him when I did. ^ ^
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Just a quick question: Can you overfeed babies? I know White's are known for their appetites and I heard you should feed babies as much as they'll eat so as they get all their vitamins.

I went to feed him this evening and accidently shook in a whole bunch more crickets than I wanted to, it may have been more than ten. >< These crickets are babies, very small, and he went after every single one like it was no tomorrow. I'm just worried he may have eaten too many...Do you guys think this is ok? I don't want to overfeed him and risk obesity as I know the health risks (Mr. Campbell is still too fat to climb...>>) and I'll try to avoid this in the future, but does everyone think he'll be ok for now? I'll try to give him less crickets tomorrow night...>>

Thanks for any insight you guys may have,
    Brit
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea

22. This member thanks Kisa for this post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information