Thread: Transporting frogs

fruitloop

Default Transporting frogs

I'm going to look at some FBT tomorrow (Saturday) and if i like them, I'll be buying them. They're not from a pet store, I'm buying them from another person who is selling them and they may or may not be coming with the tank. I don't want to transport them home in the tank in case they get hurt. What should I bring them home in? This is the first time not buying them from a store or breeder.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Transporting frogs

Do you have any critter keepers? You just need something with a locking lid. These guys are great escape artists and believe it or not their pretty strong when it comes to pushing up lids. If you are going to be poking holes in anything plastic for air holes make sure you poke from the inside out as sharp edges of the plastic being poked in can hurt the frogs. Shhh...don't tell anyone but I've used the family tupper ware containers.

Animalnstinct

I would suggest using deli cups or a small critter keeper and lining it with moist paper towel, especially if they have a longer car ride. If you do use paper towel try using one with no chemicals like unscented and unbleached. The paper towel will cushion any falls or bumps on the road, while also keeping them a bit hydrated.

clownonfire

Julie, as you are on your way of having a real frog harem at home , it would be worth it to invest in a Critter Totes, as mentioned already (All Living Things® Critter Totes - Fish Care - Fish - PetSmart). They are rather inexpensive. You will make good use of it, either when you get new frogs, or when you clean your tanks. You could put a thin layer of substrate, or even a wet cloth for the short trip.

fruitloop

I actually do have 1 of those. I use it to house some crickets right now. I originally bought it to transport a hamster.

Thread Information