Thread: R.I.P Poe the American Bullfrog

Jace

Default R.I.P Poe the American Bullfrog

Unfortunately, my American Bullfrog, Poe, passed away suddenly. I was concerned about her suddenly pale colouring and noticed she was bloated last night. I knew by today that she would likely be gone. I raised her from a wee tadpole with a kinky tail, to a froglet that almost didn't make it. I was thinking we had finally got through the rough stuff, but alas, it was just not meant to be.

Thanks to everyone who rooted for her over the past year, and gave thoughtful and awesome advice. Reast in peace, Poe. It was still an awesome journey!

2. This member thanks Jace for this post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: R.I.P Poe the American Bullfrog

Im so sorry Jo ...Poe was special to me and this forum as we all watched him grow from the cutest little tadpole with the kink in his tail to the handsome frog he became.You did an amazing job with him. He will be missed and my thoughts are with you Jo. xoxo

Jace

Thanks, Ebony, that means a lot to me. Poe went through quite a bit, but I guess some things were just not meant to be. But I learned so much from the experience and from all the great advice on this Forum. I am very sad, but I definitely have no regrets! Thank you, my friend!!

Dog Shrink

So sorry for your loss. The special ones are never with us long enough it seems.

Greg M

Hi Jace,

I'm really sorry to hear that! I had followed Poe's progress with keen interest. I know you gave her a great home!

Sorry again for your loss, and very best wishes,
    Greg

lnaminneci

Jo-Anna,

I am soo sorry to hear about Poe. I loved to watch Poe's development and progress as you posted pictures. They really do become members of the family and are special to us. Poe will be missed.

~Lesley

Jace

Thanks everyone. Though I have some great friends, most are indifferent about my various frogs and toads, but Poe seemed to touch a lot of them and gave them a new respect for amphibians in general. I guess watching something grow up makes them a bit special regardless of the pet. Not bad for a little frog who only lived a few months!!

nana

So sorry to hear this hunny. Its never easy when you loose a loved one. Sending you mega huggles xx

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Unfortunately, my American Bullfrog, Poe, passed away suddenly. I was concerned about her suddenly pale colouring and noticed she was bloated last night. I knew by today that she would likely be gone. I raised her from a wee tadpole with a kinky tail, to a froglet that almost didn't make it. I was thinking we had finally got through the rough stuff, but alas, it was just not meant to be.

Thanks to everyone who rooted for her over the past year, and gave thoughtful and awesome advice. Reast in peace, Poe. It was still an awesome journey!
    Oh. I'm really sorry Jo-Anna. One would think that with my obsessive visits to this forum, I would have seen this thread before. I'm sorry for your loss.

Jace

Thanks Nana and Eric. I kind of went a bit spastic and did a total stock and health check on the rest of them, and so far, everyone else seems fine. I feel like overly fussing now, but I am trying to curb the urge!!

insectsrock77

how big was poe when the back legs first appeared?

Froog

I am so sorry to hear that! Good luck! hope you can give another frog a good home!

Jace

@ insectrock77, Poe was a good sized tadpole and already had back legs when I got her. I'm guessing (if memory serves), that she was about 6" long from snout to tip of tail.

@Froog, thank you! My home is always open to a frog in need. I had never raised a tadpole before and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience Poe gave me. One day I hope to have that opportunity again.

BG

Sorry to here of Poes passing i would of loved to have seen him grow.

Jace

Thank you, BG. Poe was-in my opinion-a gorgeous bullfrog and it would have been amazing to watch her grow and reach her full size. However, she had a rough beginning, and I admire her stubborness to keep going as long as she did.

Thread Information