Thread: None available

rhunter513

Default None available

I live in central Ohio and fire belly toads have not been available locally for 3 or 4 months. My set-up has been ready since January. Any insight as to why they are not available?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: None available

I'm not sure, but I work at a petstore in Missouri, and we usually have 5-10 in stock, but we haven't received any in months (and at the end of last year, we only had 5). We've been completely out for a few weeks. So maybe it has something to do with breeding?

bshmerlie

You can get them online. Check out the classifieds on Kingsnake.com

Animalnstinct

While browsing yesterday I came across this listing for 3. I have never personally bought from these guys but I have heard of them. The only problem with purchasing online is shipping can be killer sometimes.

http://www.bigappleherp.com/Firebelly-Toads-Group-of-3

Leefrogs

I say just travel to the next town , as anyone online is going to charge u like 50$ shipping. Just call all over and call that 50 gas money.

rhunter513

Thanks for the info on the websites. Yeah the shipping cost is a bit too much for me. Yet if its the only way to get healthy toads that stay green in color then maybe it'll be worth it.

Psychotic4mb3r

I live in miamisburg oh and the jacks here had 2 fire belly toads today. They where brown though. I think superpets had some too a few months back. Not sure how far youd drive though lol. I got luck with my 3 toads. I posted a ad on craigslist and I got my 3 for free with a 5 gallon tank(I upgraded them to a 10 gallon split between water and land though) Just look around online. Check out craigslist as well(but watch out for sick toads)

rhunter513

I am finding them around the Columbus area but most or brown or dark green. I am looking for the bright green ones. But I started another thread asking about the color changes they go through - maybe the dark green ones that are available locally will brighten up with better care???

firebellytoadsx4

over here in washington i've seen the numbers drop in my local petco.. i usually go in there and look at them but i think we have like 2 left in there.. both brown! haha

ARMS87

Can't move for them here 8-O

Thread Information