Thread: WTF with odd dots

Nationality
    [United States]

Default WTF with odd dots

So, I noticed yesterday that my WTF did not go to his normal spot to sleep. I looked for him and found him on a leaf in the tank. Occasionally he will sleep somewhere different in the tank, I assume due to temperature. Anyways, when I looked at him, he was his normal light green color but he has teeny tiny little redish colored specks or dots on his back and legs. They are flush with the skin, not raised and not open. they are not wounds, just looks like a wierd discoloration. He acts fine. He ate the night before, slept on the leaf yesterday and woke up last night at his normal time. I gave him 2 crickets and he eagerly hunted them and ate like a horse as usual. He went back to sleep this morning in his regular spot and he is acting just as he always does. Good appetite, shiny skin, bright eyes, active at night, soaked in his bowl last night etc. I can still see the spots, though he is in partial shade. they now look grayish and I can mainly see them on his back legs. Any ideas? He is acting fine, but I am worried. Should I just give him time and see if they go away or get worse?
    God bless,

Laura

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Re: WTF with odd dots

I know pics would help, but my phone wont sent pics right now and I have no camera at the moment. I've googled everything I can think of and can find nothing similar. Oh and the basics temp 80 plus during day, 70-75 at night. Humidity around 60%
    God bless,

Laura

Kurt

Well, we will have to wait for pics. The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is red-leg, but lets not go into a panic just yet. Are conditions sanitary?

Nationality
    [United States]

yes and nothing has been changed or introduced. I worried about red leg, but his appetite is fine and he acts okay.
    God bless,

Laura

Kurt

OK so we will have to wait and see.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

If it was something serious I don't think he'd be eating so don't worry.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Endosymbiote

The spots on my WTF look green tonight.

I think it's just the lighting/background and the fact he's brown... but any other possible causes? Algae/bacteria/fungus? The frog is eating and active, so I'm not too worried, but I haven't read about this anywhere else...

Could it be Oodinium?

Kurt

It looks perfectly fine. Look at my article on White's treefrogs, there a picture there you might find interesting. Oh and by the way, most algae is harmless.

Nationality
    [United States]

I still cannot get a good pic of mine. The spots are still there. They are still flush with the skin and look similar to Endosymbiote's frog, but they are not green, they are reddish brown and barely able to be seen except on his back legs. They have not gotten any worse. He is still acting normal and eating like a horse. Should I be worried?
    God bless,

Laura

Kurt

I wouldn't think you should be.

Thread Information