Thread: Feeding ADF

sflyingcow

Default Feeding ADF

Got 3 adf's how often do i need to feed them

there in with like 5 little goldfish, 2 cory catfish and 1 chinese algae eater
    have been feeding them blood worms by hand but i notice the fish eat this also any suggestions on options to feed them that i can buy in bigger amounts aka less trips to pet store. If goldfish need to go they can (ill just feed them to my african bull frogs)

Thanks for the input

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Feeding ADF

ok wow.....

for goldfish, you need 20 gallons for the first one, then ten gallons for each thereafter. so for your tank you should have about a 60 gallon tank, with at least a 100 gallon filter.

ADF cannot be housed with goldfish for many reasons, 1) the goldfish will end up eating the frog 2) their temperature requirements are vastly different (goldfish are best in the mid 60s *F and the ADF are best in the mid 70s*F. ), 3) they have different dietary needs (goldfish are primarily herbivores but will eat small fish, insects, and amphibians if they are around and frogs are carnivores and cannot eat fish food - they need frog/tadpole bites/pellets, blood worms and brineshrimp. 4) frogs hunt by scent and therefor take a while to find food - most often the fish will hunt it down before the frog can.

what size tank do you have? ADF are best kept in takes where they are the only bottom dweller - -you have cories and a CAE

cories need atleast a 20 gallon tank because they need to be kept in schools of 6+

chinese algae eaters grow up to a foot long and need a minimum of 55 gallons and cannot be kept with cories or frogs.

you really need to research prior to buying live animals.

what size tank do you have now? you can get away with keeping the frogs with the cories ONLY if you have a 10+ gallon tank. this will still not be perfectly ideal but you will not have to worry about one species hurting or killing the other.

sflyingcow

i did do some research i know requirements for size for these i had no plans on keeping the algae eater long term the gf picked it out but he ended getting eaten by my bullfrogs anyways RIP...

The goldfish are super tiny for now and def. could not eat the adf's yet although they will eventually get tossed to my bullfrogs as they get to about 1in or so since they were just bought more as decoration/feeders

the water is kept in mid 70's and i'm not getting any more cory's i was told to get 3 but 2 would be fine...

its a 40 gallon breeder converted into a 50/50 set up and i wanted to put animals in the water so it wouldn't be so boring so the divider is 6inches tall so it's about 7-8gallons of water and it has a filter whats the size/water ratio of adf's?

i was mostly just looking into what else i can feed the adf's as i just feed them blood worms for now

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States

HBH frog and tadpoles are a great staple diet for them...

you could also try ReptoMin sticks. these are floating and need to be broken up into bite sized pieces.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Tetra also makes a food that is perfect for ADFs. It is called Repto-Min Frog, it is a small, bite-size sinking granules. The nutritional specs and ingredients are similar to the original Repto-Min sticks. My smaller ACFs really like it.

Thread Information