Thread: Fellow frog on the menu

Default Fellow frog on the menu

Hi Everyone
    I checked my frogs out a minute ago and have noticed that 2 of my frogs are about 1.5 times bigger than my other one will the smaller frog be on the menu?
    Will I need a new tank for the small frog?
    Thanks Luke

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Fellow frog on the menu

Hi Luke..It is quite possible. Its not only the fact the small frog could be on the menu but the stress that it also maybe under. If it were me I would separate them.

Thanks Ebony
    I noticed Jabba seems to be watching Timmy an awful lot lately and I know Jabba has eaten a few locusts bigger than Timmy so will seperate them ASAP.
    Thanks

Leefrogs

I worry bout the same thing with my whites, ones a half inch bigger, and intimidating the other. But the big one is just a pig, so I hand feed to make sure Lil guy gets more.

Hi I don't need to worry about Timmy getting food as there's a woodlice colony in their enclosure which keeps them fat and happy during times when I can't find any food in the garden. I'm mainly worried about the pig of my frogs "Jabba" the last time I looked Jabba was sat on the fern staring at Timmy in the pool, Jabba was sat with front two feet in the Mr Burns position probably wondering what herbs and spices to cook Timmy with.

Leefrogs

LOL , must be a WTF

LOL probably is a Whites thing.
    Does a frogs skin colour hint towards stress? Because Jabba and Camo's golden parts are (pale compared to Timmy) and are pretty much as gold as they come and it looks magnificent, yet Timmy is nearly black that's how dark Timmy is, with a minute bit of dark green under the eyes.
    Another question but this one's for Ebony do you think this tank is suitable for just Timmy? It's $15 no reserve $25 buy now (on trade me)

250mm wide
    400mm long
    290mm high

Made out of 6mm glass.
    Doesn't leak, no cracks

Just needs a quick clean and it will be good to go.

Thanks Luke

Quite a turn of events has happend. Tim Tam is still the smallest frog and Jabba is still bigger than Tim Tam but, when I fed them some craneflys Tim Tam missed one and seemed to get really angry and Jabba was near Tim Tam so it started biting the air then bit Jabba on the nose twice (poor Jabba didn't deserve it) the shock on Jabbas face was absolutely horrifying and when Tim Tam turned to bite Jabba again enough was enough and I put Jabba on the rock away from Tim Tam.

Why did Tim Tam get so angry and attack Jabba?

Leefrogs

territorial, mine do the same thing when I'm hand feeding. It's always the big one attacking the little one. So now they have special spots, away from eachother when I'm giving out treats. And when I find them sitting there I know they're hungry.

Does this mean I can expect a lot more of this?

Leefrogs

Kermit would rip into lumps face, twist and bite like a pit bull. Lump also can't get to eithor water bowl, and I've had to suspend one in my bamboo plant. It doesn't hold that much water and is bone dry every morning. Poor guy!! They've learned to hunt in different areas, lump gets the corner, and big ol kermit gets all other parts. I've seen no fighting over crix, and try to dump some by lumpy's area, so he's sure to get them. They'll find a balance with guidance, make sure they share water, as this is frustrating, for me too. Lump avoids kermit, and won't move till kermits not looking, But he's chunky and shiney so it'll work out. I Gotta get my 100 gal started, so there will never be fights, they'll me lucky to find each other. But that project will take me till fall

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Wow, hearing your stories makes me a little worried about putting my two White's together later...I'm think about introducing them slowly...but we'll see, it's still a long way off.
    0.0.2 Litoria caerulea
    --------------------------------------
    "The gallows are no place for the stubborn//Just you and your lover as a dark souvenir" - Bad Books, Pytor

Dam Whites sound violent I wouldn't want to meet one in a dark alley. Luckily the water seems to calm them down they share the water without problems as it's about 30cmx38cm and about 4cm deep so if they did try to fight it would end up with them just floating in the water swimming after each other lol. Jabba's favourite spot unfortunately Tim Tam seems to have taken a liking to but luckily they share without problems and even cuddle up together.

Thread Information