Thread: Whites get a new home

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Whites get a new home

Today I was going to do a full overhaul of the Whites home due to some gnats or mosquitoes taking over the substrate,

Then the bright idea hit me, tell the wife you all made me buy a new ZooMed 18x18x24 and just create a new home with some of the stuff in their old home.
    Works for me :-)

So I do a bottom layer of clay balls, a layer of Jungle Mix, and a few spots of coco fiber.
    I take out and clean some cork bark, branches, and the large bromeliad.
    After getting all the pieces in place, the wife assisted me in moving the frogs in and then we cleaned out the old enclosure, lower it to the floor, and placed the Whites new home right beside the Red Eyes condo. Had to run back out for an 18inch lamp hood since I forgot I didn't have any clamps for the light fixtures I had.

Well, the whites settled right in, and as usual they were waiting for food, right on time.
    Nice.

I'll try to take some pics in the morning :-)

Hopefully she doesn't hit me with the taser while I shower later.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Whites get a new home

She'll probably just throw the frogs in there with you. Picture that.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Dang, I just need to make sure I tubby at a neighbors :-)

I see I need to add some ledges or higher plants in the new ZooMed. One little guy is trying to push the top screen open.

Leefrogs

so is this a temporary new enclosure? I'm just wondering what u r going to do with old viv, just curious on your master plan!!! Or was it to get another exoterra? That way u can't have an empty vic sitting around. Did u tell her springtails were baby mosquitoes?

clownonfire

Don, you crack me up. But your wife seems to be participating more and more, so whatever you are doing seems to work!

I got into the hobby because of my wife, and a Cuban tree frog she got from work (it was shipped with flowers). Now Sara (my wife) is mischievously smiling now that I'm totally obsessed with ours. I have to say though that the vents and their courtship lately has completely won her over again!

I'm constantly on Kijiji around here (which is like Craigslist) on the lookout for new/used terrariums, just looking, with the watchful eyes of Sara who likes to say: Eric....!

Now, as for the Exo-Terra 18*18*24...

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leefrogs View Post
    so is this a temporary new enclosure? I'm just wondering what u r going to do with old viv, just curious on your master plan!!! Or was it to get another exoterra? That way u can't have an empty vic sitting around. Did u tell her springtails were baby mosquitoes?
    Oh there was no plan at the time.
    I had the little critters (black skinny bugs with a flat shiny wing) all over the substrate and doing a total clean out on that big viv was a night mare since the substrate was up to 10 inches deep in spots.
    So, to end up with more space, a clean viv for the whites, and no more bugs, it seemed easier to just buy the new viv and move the whites in.
    This will be permanent for them now. I just need to add some more higher hiding spots and a ledge or two for them to climb on.

Once my dart moves into his new home I'll have a 12 inch cube to play with :-)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    Don, you crack me up. But your wife seems to be participating more and more, so whatever you are doing seems to work!

I got into the hobby because of my wife, and a Cuban tree frog she got from work (it was shipped with flowers). Now Sara (my wife) is mischievously smiling now that I'm totally obsessed with ours. I have to say though that the vents and their courtship lately has completely won her over again!

I'm constantly on Kijiji around here (which is like Craigslist) on the lookout for new/used terrariums, just looking, with the watchful eyes of Sara who likes to say: Eric....!

Now, as for the Exo-Terra 18*18*24...
    My wife is cool about it but shakes her head when I see something new or start talking about another frog. I got into frogs so the granddaughter could watch them. Now I can't have enough of them ;-)
    As long as its not snakes we're good.

We can't have pets where I live but planted tanks are fine and adding some frogs is OK too. Can't have fish tanks but a betta or goldfish in a small cube is OK too.

My only plans now are to add some new darts to the existing when I move frogs into the new Dart viv I did.

Thread Information