Thread: Hello!

Calabasas

Default Hello!

I simply wanted to introduce myself and note that I am very interested in participating in this forum! I am a wetland biologist, so I have a "built in" curiosity related to amphibians (both native and non-native). I have had frogs in the past, but currently have an albino leopard gecko, a crested gecko, a Uromastyx, and a few aquariums with "typical" tropical fish. As I would like to once again establish some "terrarium" type enclosures for frogs, I am interested in learning the characteristics, natural history, living requirements, etc. of the frogs addressed in this forum!

Thanks!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Hello!

Welcome to the forum! It is good to see another Missourian in the forum! I also have a "built in" curiosity related to amphibians that stems from my childhood when I would go out into the woods around my house looking for salamanders and frogs. I am currently keeping 4 Phyllomedusa sauvagii and 1 Ambystoma mavortium. Do you work for the Missouri Department of Conservation?

Calabasas

I used to work for the MDC, but am now a consultant mainly doing "free lance" work as a wetland biologist. Needless to say, as a result of the "current economy", I may have to start eating frogs!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I can sympathize with you there. The past two summers I worked as an intern at the Neosho National Fish Hatchery. It was a Federal hatchery, but we worked very closely with the MDC, particularly with Shepherd of the Hills State Fish Hatchery in Branson.

bshmerlie

Well, on behalf of Frog Forum let me say we are very happy to have you here. It sounds like you will have an informed perspective that many of our members will find very facinating. What types of frogs are you really looking get? We have members here with all types of frogs so if you have any questions about any in particular just ask..

clownonfire

Happy to see you here, Calabasas.

Kurt

Welcome aboard.

ARMS87

welcome

Thread Information