Thread: I'm new

cj03770

Default I'm new

Hi I am just introducing myself

clownonfire

Default Re: I'm new

Quote Originally Posted by cj03770 View Post
    Hi I am just introducing myself
    Hello fellow Canadian! Welcome to the forum.

cj03770

Hello, do u have any frogs? Cause I was wondering if u could help me?

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    Hello fellow Canadian! Welcome to the forum.
    Yes, I do. We have 7, from 5 different species. There are people on this forum that are much more knowledgeable than I am, but what is your question?

cj03770

Well I'm looking to get myself some frogs, I'm not sure what the best frogs be for me but I'd like to get a couple of green and golden bell frogs, but I'm not sure where to get them or how much they would be. Do u have any advice?

clownonfire

Well I'm looking to get myself some frogs, I'm not sure what the best frogs be for me but I'd like to get a couple of green and golden bell frogs, but I'm not sure where to get them or how much they would be. Do u have any advice?
    There are many green and golden bell frogs owners on this forum, including Ebony, who is one of this site's moderators.

As for what is the best frogs for you, that is depending on what you are looking for... Are you already equipped (terrarium, etc)?

Are you new to the hobby? Tree frogs could be a good place to start, but note that some are nocturnal and will not be active during daytime, or very little).

We have White Tree frog owners on this site also that would tell you it's the way to go.

Then there's the ornate horned frogs which seem to be very popular with beginners. They require a smaller tank... Many pacman frogs enthusiasts on this site.

Personally, with the species we own, I could tell you that our fire-bellied toads are very easy to take care of, are extremely active, and they have beautiful colours. This could also be a good choice.

cj03770

Thank you! I think I'd like to get the green and golden bell frogs. I've read about them and I think they'd be good for my lifestyle. My tank is not set up yet but I'm in the process of doing it, it will have partial water and partial land, with many branches and vines.
    Thank you I'll contact ebony right away.

clownonfire

Thank you! I think I'd like to get the green and golden bell frogs. I've read about them and I think they'd be good for my lifestyle. My tank is not set up yet but I'm in the process of doing it, it will have partial water and partial land, with many branches and vines.
    Thank you I'll contact ebony right away.
    You can also start here: http://www.frogforum.net/care-articl...ria-aurea.html

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by clownonfire View Post
    Yes, I do. We have 7, from 5 different species. There are people on this forum that are much more knowledgeable than I am, but what is your question?

Eric does not give himself enough credit. He is a solid member here on Frog Forum, he gives great advice and if he doesn't know the answer he knows who to direct you to.

10. This member thanks bshmerlie for this post:

clownonfire

Quote Originally Posted by bshmerlie View Post

Eric does not give himself enough credit. He is a solid member here on Frog Forum, he gives great advice and if he doesn't know the answer he knows who to direct you to.
    Thank you, Cheri. As you will see cj03770, there's a wonderful community here.

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi there Cecelia, Welcome to the forum . Let me know if you need info on The Green & Golden Bell frog, Litoria aurea. Always happy to help.

13. This member thanks Ebony for this post:

ARMS87

welcome

Thread Information