Thread: Milk frog help...I am an idiot.

John911

Default Milk frog help...I am an idiot.

So, we rehoused our 3 milks in a new exo terra. I was misting the plants, closed it up. I don't know how long it was, but I closed the door, and one of the frogs legs was caught along the right side edge. I quickly opened the door, and it crawled out. Its leg looked twisted when it was caught, but then was in its normal position. When I put it back in, the leg felt very dry. Its been on the bottom in a cork hollow for a day, I've seen it move, and it keeps the leg glued to its side(back leg btw). There are no other wounds that I can see, and I do not think a vet can do anything if the leg is broken/injured. Any advice would be great.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

bshmerlie

Default Re: Milk frog help...I am an idiot.

If the skin wasn't broken that's at least one good thing. Other members have mentioned having the same type of accident and they can recover. If the leg is broken I don't think you're going to be able to do anything about it anyways. But over time it could heal. Bring the food to him for awhile just so he doesn't have to move maybe wax worm, something easy. I bet over time he will be fine. Maybe even have a shallow water dish for him close by. Keep us posted on how he is doing.

versicolor

Default Re: Milk frog help...I am an idiot.

I agree with Cheri....as long as there are no breaks in the skin and no obvious limb deformity and the animal is otherwise healthy and well nourished (enough calcium etc.) these injuries will usually heal. Also keep stress levels to injured animals to a minimum and make sure it still has access to its favorite perches....he may do better if he/she is off the terrarium substrate. Good luck!

Thread Information