Thread: My poor froggy :(

Wantrootbeer

Default My poor froggy :(

My red eye tree frog's nose is getting worse idk what to do. (in case you dont remember my female RETF has big rubbing on her nose)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Leefrogs

Default Re: My poor froggy :(

have u been using the neosporin? Add another plant for a hide. Post some Picts. That helps the gurus figure out severity

Wantrootbeer

Ive got a generic brand of it.....do you think it will be alright? and sorry about pictures :P im not the best and my cam. is not the best.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Wantrootbeer

ah sorry about putting my "tree frog" in the true "frog" section......

Nationality
    [New Zealand]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Hi there Doug..It would be good if you could put up a photo of the enclosure. Your frogs nose looks like it may need some help with healing and watch for infection.

Kurt

As Ginger has said to you already, add more plants. And generic "Neosporin is fine as long as it doesn't contain any kind of pain reliever.

Leefrogs

Your viv looks real good, but for WC frogs it's a freik out. Even my whites are just now getting used to me. They have hollowed out bamboo u can stand on end if that's more pleasing fir u, but u wouldn't be able to see them. here's some plants they might like. Umbrella plant, rubber, corn, split leaf, asparigus, palm, peace lily, mother in law, bromiliad, fern, and fiddle leaf. Plants are on sale right now, I found a mini umbrella tree at my local florist fir 2$. But that's not much of a hide, it's only 6 inches. You can use a votive cup fir a pot and that way it can be moved to her favorite corner. And maybe cover 2 sides if the cage for a couple months. I had all3 sides covered for almost 2 months cuz my guys just hid and hyperventaladed every time I opened the top.

Wantrootbeer

I noticed that shes staying on the ground during the day which seems weird for a tree frog.

bshmerlie

Quote Originally Posted by Wantrootbeer View Post
    I noticed that shes staying on the ground during the day which seems weird for a tree frog.
    Yeah, staying on the ground is not a good sign. Although it doesn't have to mean the end either. When I first got my xanthic red eye she was very frail and the next morning she was sleeping on the bottom. I put her in a small critter keeper with some warm water to make her soak. The next night she was perkier..she may have just been a bit dehydrated due to the shipping. Theres a chance yours is wild caught which means you could also be dealing with other issues or illnesses due to a weak immune system from stress of travel. I would block off all sides of the enclosure to limit stress for awhile and fill it with plants for cover. Keep the enclosure in a very quiet room and make sure it is completely dark at night.

Wantrootbeer

Do i really need to move the cage? its in my living room thats up stairs and rather heavy to move.

Leefrogs

I would cover it competely if u don't wana move it. Then peek in about 4 am see if she moved at all. Maybe her photo shoot to show us her nose freiked her out. Get her a plant, soak her, try to not look to often when cover gets on. I'm sorry, it's hard when u spend all that money to be looking at a blanket. Is she right by the tv?

Wantrootbeer

The T.V. is in the same room i wanted people to see it and not have them in my room like my other two lizards

Leefrogs

well it's going to be more light and vibration that will bother her. Just try not to crank it up too much and cover for a while. I let one side up that didn't face anything moving, then 2 weeks later split cover in half, and raised one pannel an inch or so every 4 or 5 days after I saw they were in water by that pannel. Then I'd raise it more and it freiked them so much they'd skip a soak, and so on and so forth. Keep in mind, u have WC animals, probably more perceptive than cb ones. Your boy seems out and about, but if she stays hidden for long she'll dehydrate. read frog first aide for mixing honey bath or using pedialite. Be patient, make her feel safe. Keep in touch

Thread Information