Thread: Pacman frog with bone disease

priya

Default Pacman frog with bone disease

hi, i was wondering if anyone could advise me. i am going to be getting a pacman frog from someone tommorrow who was not caring for it right.

the frog has got a droopy mishappen lower jaw where its tongue sticks out slightly. it is like one side of its face is slightly dented in.

i was hoping to get the frog and take proper care of it my supplimenting it with amphibian vitamin powder on its food.

also the frog finds it a little hard to catch its own food but i have tried holding a locust on a pair of tweezers and it takes the food that way.

is there any way this frog can be cured?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

priya

Default Re: Pacman frog with bone disease

I have just got the packman frog home, he is a cranwells horned frog, he seems healthy and alert in every way and does try to lunge after his prey, he just doesnt manage to catch it very often, i have fed it 3 large locusts coated in komodo amphibian dusting powder, i just held them in front of him on tweezers but even then he misses them the first few tries but eventually he gets them and swallows them. he seems very eager to eat. There does not seem to be any other kind of deformaty on the frog only to his mouth. his lower jaw is bigger than the top jaw so his mouth doesnt shut properly and on one side of his mouth the top jaw is slightly sunken in so a little of his tounge can be seen.

can anyone advise if the frog will will ok and what i can do to stop him getting worse. thanks.

Thread Information