Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White specks on White's tree frog

Sissy Anne

Default Re: White specks on White's tree frog

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    Petco/petsmart is pretty bad...
    I got my White's from Petsmart, but he was a gift so he was already out of the enclosure when we went to pick him up. The "amphibian and reptile expert" advised me on a 100W bulb for a 10 gallon tank... that lasted about an hour. Not only was the temp up to 90 before I even got the frog in there but it melted my hood, which clearly stated no bulbs larger than 26W (which we already had set up, btw, and she insisted it wasn't good enough). Now I pay attention when I go. They have baby bearded dragons currently, which need a basking spot of 120 degrees.... yea, it's 85. Petco isn't much better, Unfortunately.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Maggie126

I've heard somewhere that the amount of spots on a white tree frog indicates it's age. This theory is more common in species that were taken from the wild or were born in the wild. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie126 View Post
    I've heard somewhere that the amount of spots on a white tree frog indicates it's age. This theory is more common in species that were taken from the wild or were born in the wild. I could be wrong though.
    It's true, the white spots on a whites is like us with gray hair. Here is my Het, I had him for almost 16 years he started out with 3 when I got him to this this pic doesn't even do him justice, he has so many!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Im not sure if it was already mentioned but i am not seeing a whites tree frog in the first pic. It looks to be some type of Rhacophorus.

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Im not sure if it was already mentioned but i am not seeing a whites tree frog in the first pic. It looks to be some type of Rhacophorus.
    You're right it doesn't look like a Whites. I think it was intended as a clear example of what the spots looked like. Sierra does (or did) have Whites, you can check her album. It's also from two years ago

horselover19918

Quote Originally Posted by Sissy Anne View Post
    I got my White's from Petsmart, but he was a gift so he was already out of the enclosure when we went to pick him up. The "amphibian and reptile expert" advised me on a 100W bulb for a 10 gallon tank... that lasted about an hour. Not only was the temp up to 90 before I even got the frog in there but it melted my hood, which clearly stated no bulbs larger than 26W (which we already had set up, btw, and she insisted it wasn't good enough). Now I pay attention when I go. They have baby bearded dragons currently, which need a basking spot of 120 degrees.... yea, it's 85. Petco isn't much better, Unfortunately.
    Petco and Petsmart are pretty bad when it comes to the size of the cages and how many frogs are kept in them at a time. I have seen them keep up to ten frogs in a cage smaller than a ten gallon. The Petco neat my apartment, though, keeps the humidity up and feeds the frogs. They could be kept in much bigger cages but they are doing their best with what they have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information