Thread: A blister on my female red eye tree frog.

Wantrootbeer

Question A blister on my female red eye tree frog.

I just recently bought my red eyes from a convention (a repticon) and i did not notice the rubbing (blister or what ever) on the top of her nose. What should i do? She also has a rubbing nearer to her left nostril. Thanks for the help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

lnaminneci

Default Re: A blister on my female red eye tree frog.

Doug,

Do you have a picture of the rubbing/blistering on your frog to post, so that we can have a look and better assist you?

Thanks,
    Lesley

Leefrogs

u can look up scrapes here on this forum for red eyes. If it's just a scratch, original neosporin keeps infection at bay. But if it's more like a blister, u need to post Picts. Also, I think your frogs will do fine with u at collage. Red eyes don't live that long, 4 -10 years, and if they're full grown already, you have no idea what age they are. I think u should take them with you. Enjoy them while u can

Wantrootbeer

Hey okay i have some pictures of the scrapes (this better describes them) and also do they change skin darkness? Just look at the pictures. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Kurt

You have a wild caught red-eye there, I can tell by its intense colour. Its wounds are indeed from rubbing either on the glass or screen top of your cage. This frog is not used to barriers, especially transparent ones and so has no concept of glass. They just keep on trying to pass through it and in the process, create these wounds.
    You can do one of two things here. One, you can treat with a very light coating of Neosporin once a day. Make sure you use the one that is free of any kind of pain reliever, as that type will kill the frog. The second option, and my favorite, is nothing. Either way, make sure you have plenty of foliage to make the frog seem secure, monitor the would, and maintain sanitary conditions to prevent infection. Also, try to stay out of the frog's face for a while, give it time to settle in and calm down.

Wantrootbeer

What will it look like if it is infected? Also, i just changed their environment drastically to better suit their needs so yeah they might be stressed right now. Although they seem to like it a lot more then the previous setup.

Leefrogs

And please, just cover the cage so he can't see out. This also helped my whites. I know it sucks, to spend a bunch of money and u can't even see what you're looking at. But the noise of a house alone freiks them out. I ran a fan in the room to create white noise, and had my whites covered fir over a month. One week I'd remove a side facing nothing that moves, and eventually raised cover on frount an inch a day. I only own one species, but u can tell their fear, stress is dangerous for frogs. So what I said about collage, maybe not with WC!!

Wantrootbeer

Yes I hate that its a wild caught animal. Thank you liars at conventions . Also she kinda changes from light green to dark green. I wasn't aware that they can change that.

Wantrootbeer

Yes I hate that its a wild caught animal. Thank you liars at conventions . Also she kinda changes from light green to dark green. I wasn't aware that they can change that.

Thread Information